52

-Kiara's Pov-

Bella was driving the SUV as Jacob sits in the passenger seat

Bella was driving the SUV as Jacob sits in the passenger seat. I was in the back seat with the twins and Renesmee. We're heading to Charlie's place so he can baby sit the twins and Renesmee. Ashleigh and Adam went ahead with Yuki and Kato  to Dad's place to meet us there. "I'm surprised you took a break from Jedi training," Jacob spoke up. "If we don't take the twins and Renesmee to our dad, he'll come to us. Not so great," Bella replied, her eyes meeting mine in the rear-view mirror. "18 vampires, five wolves, four lion-humans, one Dhampir, three lion-vampire and one human," I added. "Not a good idea." "I know," Bella replied. "But it isn't the best decision to have Dad there with the human drinkers there."

"It won't help if Adam wasn't there," I added. "I know that's what you told Edward and Jasper," Jacob asked. Bella doesn't reply as she realizes that Jacob is aware we're up to something. "Whatever. I'm just glad to get away from all those reeking bloodsuckers," Jacob replied. Bella gave Jacob a look of disapproval. "I'm sorry. I know. They're the good guys," Jacob corrected himself. "But come on, Dracula One and Two are creepy." We laughed as Renesmee and Tami started slapping their hands at each other. "Hey, hey," I scolded them. "Don't fight. You're cousins. And who started this?" "Tami," Renesmee answered. "No, I didn't," Tami argued. "Don't lie, Nessie," Malik spoke up.

"I'm sorry," Renesmee looked at me with puppy-dog eyes. I sighed as I kissed her head. As Bella pulled up the car at Charlie's, the twins and Renesmee quickly got out of the car and ran towards Charlie and Sue as they came out of the house. Leah and Seth were behind them.

"Grandpa!" They all shouted as they ran at him. "There they are. Come here," Charlie exclaimed as he caught Renesmee in his arms and spun her, the twins hugging his legs. "Oh! Wow! Look at you. You've grown half a foot! Seriously. Like 6 inches." Jacob, Bella and I got out as Jacob walked up to them. "Come on inside. Lunch is on the table," Sue told the kids. "We got a tree to decorate, huh?" Charlie added as the twins and Renesmee cheered, arguing amongst themselves who's going to put the star on top of the tree. "Kiara and I've actually got a few errands to run, guys. We'll be back soon, okay?" Bella asked them. Jacob gave Bella a knowing look as he entered the house with Renesmee.

"Bye mommy!" The twins waved goodbye to us as they went into the house with Seth and Leah. "Come on. Let's go," Charlie said as he and Sue follows the kids inside.

-Seattle-

Alice's note gave me a new sense of hope. Maybe she had a plan for us after all. And maybe J. Jenks was the key. We arrived at the restaurant we are supposed to meet Jenks. We walked up to the Host table. "We're meeting Mr. Jenks," Bella announced. "Right this way," the host told us as he lead us to an African-American man sitting at a table. "Mrs. Hale, Mrs. Cullen," Jenks replied as we sat down in front of him. "Hi," Bella replied. "I'm so happy you called. I always meet my private clients here. It's more comfortable than the office," Jenks told us. "And it's more public," I added as he smiled. "What type of work do you do, J.?" Bella asked. "Oh, you know, this and that," Jenks answered. "It's always different, which keeps it interesting."