38

-Kiara's Pov-

Leah and Jacob are with us inside our house as they walked around

Leah and Jacob are with us inside our house as they walked around. They searched for the scent, which was in our rooms and the living room. They nodded at us. We walked outside to see Edward and Jasper at the curb, frozen in place, waiting for eyes unblinkingly watching the front door. Leah and Jacob were behind me as they met us halfway. Jasper and Edward are cool, and calculating; Jacob is hotheaded and fractious. Leah gave Jasper a nod.

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here," Jacob informed them. "We don't need you to handle anything. Or anyone," Edward shot back. Jacob stepped toward Edward who doesn't move. "I could care less what you need," Jacob hissed. "Alright, we're done here," Edward interjected. "No, you're done here," Jacob argued. Bella moved between them.

"Stop. I'm tired of this," Bella spoke up. "From now on I'm in Switzerland, Okay?" Bella tried to push them apart; it was like pushing boulders. "Stop!" Bella ordered as Leah stepped forward. Jacob simmered. Edward just looked at him. "I don't expect you guys to chuck a football around together. Fine. But we have a lot of problems. And this is one temporary solution. Are you willing to at least try?" I asked. "I will catfight all of you" A long tense beat. Finally, Jasper and Edward nodded. Then Jacob and Leah.

"Alright, so you need to coordinate. You know, schedules and stuff," Bella asked, to which neither said anything. Bella sighed and turned to Jacob. "Would the pack prefer days or nights?" she asked. "Nights," Jacob replied. "Will days work for your family?" I asked Jasper. He nods. "Good. See? How hard was that?" Bella asked them, determined to make this truce work. As the two dudes glared at each other, I decided to defuse the tension. "When will you guys stop slapping your dicks at each other?" Aissa asked as she walked up. They all looked at her as she looked at them innocently.

-Later that night-

Bella was at the window. Suddenly, she saw a movement in the trees. Then two gleaming eyes peered out, belonging to a wolf skulking at the edge of the tree line. It looked up at her. Angela was sitting on her bed as I helped her with the invitation. I was going to graduate with them as I skipped junior year due to my IQ. "U.W. sent me and Eric our dorm assignments yesterday," Angela spoke up. Bella turns back to the room where Angela lies on the floor, a massive stack of graduation announcements in the "done" pile. Angela is blithely unaware of Bella's situation.

"I'm in the furthest dorm from campus. Eric's in the closet, of course. Has Alaska and Africa assigned you guys dorms yet?" Angela asked. Bella looked at her, missing her already. She lay next to Angela and grabbed up a card to address. I'm on the other side of Angela, writing down the same thing again. "Not yet," Bella answered. "Where are Edward and Jasper tonight anyway?" Angela asked. "Out looking for trouble," I replied. Angela heard the worry in my voice and looked at me. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"No, why?" I asked. "One, Jasper and Edward's always with you. Two, you keep looking out that window like you're hoping he'll show up with a mariachi band," Angela listed. "Angela what if Eric was like secretly a member of this... violent gang, and... your brother was in this other gang, and they wanted to kill each other, and you couldn't tell anybody?" Bella's slightly odd remark just kind of sat there as I stare down at my hands.