17

-𝗞𝗶𝗮𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝘃-

Bella drove as she wiped tears away

Bella drove as she wiped tears away. Suddenly Edward is outside the car, near Bella's window. "He'll forgive you two," He told us. "Slide over..." Bella slid over next to me as Edward opens the door, slid in, and takes the wheel. "His face... I said the same words my mother used when she left him," Bella sighed. "It's heartbreaking," I added. "It was the only way he'd let you go," Edward told us as he floors it. "Your father's safe now, Bella, same with your family, Kiara. The tracker is following us." Suddenly, a dark figure leaped onto the bed of the truck.

Bella and I screamed. "It's alright. It's just Emmett. Jasper and Alice are in the car behind us," Edward told us. I sighed, knowing Jasper was following me. Bella caught her breath. We drove through town as we saw the town roll by.

The small, insulated town passes by as we could see Mike, Jessica, Eric, and Angela laughing, flirting, innocent, and hopeful. They didn't know that we were being chased by a killer vampire who wanted to drink our blood. When we arrived at the Cullen house, I climbed as Jasper ran over to me. "You okay?" He asked me as he held me. "Yeah," I replied as he rushed me to the house. Edward, Emmett, Alice, and Bella followed as they froze when the door opens and Laurent exits. Jasper pushed me behind as did Edward and Bella.

They immediately take defensive positions but Carlisle and Adam appeared. "He came to warn us. About James," Carlisle told us. They backed down slightly. Laurent addresses Carlisle. "I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Lethal.

I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years," Laurent told us. "And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her." Carlisle nods thanks. Laurent looks at Edward and Jasper, apologetically. "I'm truly sorry for what's been unleashed here," He told them. He moved off, disappearing into the woods. We heard somewhere as the lights flip on to reveal a pristine garage; the Volvo, the red BMW, a black Mercedes sedan, and an SUV.

Everyone but Rosalie sprung into action, opening cupboards for supplies: cell phones, extra batteries, maps, portable GPS units, changes of clothes, cans of gasoline, etc. As they load up the vehicles, Jasper spoke up. "I've had to fight our kind before," he announced.

"We're hard to kill." "But not impossible. We'll tear him up," Edward added. "We'll rip him apart with our hands, then burn the pieces," Emmett smiled sinisterly. "I don't relish killing another creature," Carlisle added. "Even a sadistic one like James." "If he doesn't get to one of us first," Rosalie spoke up. "This is insane. You can't put yourselves in danger like this," Bella told them. "For us," I added. "Too late," Rosalie snarled. "We have to protect them, Rosalie," Adam reminded her.

"They're family." Edward shot Rosalie a look, but he grabbed two sets of keys off a hook, throwing one set, lightning fast, to Carlisle. "Jasper and I will run Bella and Kiara south, while you lead the tracker away," Edward explained.

"No, Edward, the tracker thinks you two won't leave Kiara and Bella. He'll follow you," Carlisle corrected him. "I'll go with Bella and Kiara. Adam will watch over them. He always had. Cameron and I will drive them south," Alice spoke up. "I'll keep them safe, Edward, Jasper." Edward looked agonized. Frustrated, Alice steps forward. "Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" He asked her. She nods. An unspoken agreement. Edward finally surrendered his keys to Alice. Then he opens two of our suitcases, pulls out clothes, and tosses them to Esme and Rosalie.