39

-Kiara's Pov-

The tv in the living room was tuned to CNN

The tv in the living room was tuned to CNN. A female reporter with a mic does a stand-up in front of Pike Place. "Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances," the reporter announced. Carlisle and Jasper are watching with concern. Emmett was draped over the couch. Bella and Edward entered. Adam and Ashleigh are sitting on the floor. I'm on Jasper's lap as he wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him. Whispering in my how much he likes my outfit. Leo, Rosalie, and Aissa are on the floor with the twins.

"Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer... Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN," the reporter signed off as the tv is shut off. "It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something," Carlisle spoke up. "It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous...," Jasper added.

"Newborns," Edward deduced. "What, like new vampires?" Bella asked. "In their first few months after the change," Edward answered. "That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst," Jasper added. "Something to look forward to," Emmett smiled. "Emmett, you're such a man-child," Leo looked up at him. "I know," Emmett smiled. "No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random," Jasper continued.

"Someone's creating an army," Adam realized. Jasper nodded. Emmett rose, enthusiastic. "Oh, now we definitely going to Seattle," he smiled. I notched an eyebrow at him as Ashleigh laughed. "An Army of vampires?" Bella asked. "No, Bella, it's an army of newborn babies," I sassed. "Of course it's vampires." "And they've been created to fight someone," Jasper answered. "We're the only clan even close to Seattle," Edward added.

"Regardless, of who are they were may, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long," Carlisle states. "Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind," Edward explained. "He wants me, Ashleigh, Adam, Alice, And Kiara's family to join him. Our gifts would shore up his power. He knows we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive. An army could solve that for him." Bella took this in. I can see that she is trying to make a decision.

"We can't wait two weeks for graduation; you need to change me now," Bella asked them. "Kiara." "I don't know," I answered. "We could do the same thing as what is happening in Seattle." "You'd be a liability as a newborn. Both of you. Unable to control your instincts. An easy target," Jasper responded. Carlisle placed an empathetic hand on Bella's shoulder. "There's also your father to consider. And your mother. How terrible would it be for them if you suddenly disappeared?" Carlisle asked Bella.

Bella couldn't argued and considered this possibility as she and I locked eyes.

-Abandoned Cannery, Seattle Harbour Front-

SMASH! A newborn vampire careens into the wall, cracking bricks. He falls to the ground at the feet of Riley, who spun on a second newborn. "Next one who starts a fight gets his arms ripped off!" Riley roared at them. Riley steps over a human man lying on the ground, barely alive. Newborn #2 watched hungrily as Newborn #1 dove on the man, taking what's left of his life. There are another dozen newborns of both genders who feed, lounge, fight. What they have in common is ferocity, strength, and thirst.