51

-Kiara's Pov-

We headed to the library as Carlisle recounts the history of immortal children for Bella and my family

We headed to the library as Carlisle recounts the history of immortal children for Bella and my family. "What are the Immortal Children?" I asked as Jasper stood behind me. "Children who are turned at a very young age," Carlisle informed me as he looks for a book. "Why would anyone want to turn a young kid?" Bella asked. "They can't be taught in controlling their thirst," Esme told her. "They remain in their child-like state." "The immortal Children were very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the Children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed," Carlisle explained as he handed us a book on the Immortal Children.

"Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long-established covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered," Adam added. "I have encountered one several years after I was turned. Traditions, friends, even families. Lost." "The Volturi gave the order that the Immortal Children must be killed," Jasper told us. "This is the reason why Irina did what she did." "So the Denalis' mother made an immortal Child?" Bella asked. "Yes," Carlisle confirmed. "And she paid the price." "Well, Renesmee, Tami, and Malik are nothing like those children," I argued. "They were born, not bitten. They grow every single day." "Plus Yuki and Kato aren't even part vampire" Leo argued. Aissa nodded.

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Leah asked. "They can't just kill us without getting our side of the story." "Fair trial, right?" Seth asked. "Innocent until proven guilty?" "That's sounds fair" Maddie adds. "Aro has enough proof in lrina's thoughts," Edward replied. "So we fight," Jacob argued. "Their offensive weapons are too powerful," Jasper spoke up. "No one can stand against Jane." "Alec's even worse," Alice added. "This is something serious," Ashleigh spoke up. "The only times the wives would come out is when a coven committed a crime that is very severe and could change our world." "Well, then we convince them," I asked.

"They're coming to kill us, not to talk," Emmett reminded me. "No, you're right. They won't listen to us," Edward replied. "But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world." "I can ask some lions to help," Adam agreed. "I won't ask them to fight," Carlisle sighed. "Not fight. Witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen," Edward explained. "We can ask this of our friends," Esme asked as she turns to him, rubbing his arm.

-The Next Day-