12

𝗞𝗶𝗮𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝘃-

I woke up the next morning to see a letter on my dresser

I woke up the next morning to see a letter on my dresser. I read it as it said:

My Darlin', My love. My Kiara. I will be waiting for you at school. Adam told me about you finding out. Until then, my love.

-Jasper

I laughed lightly at the nickname. I get ready to talk to Jasper. The family knows that he's a vampire. We decided not to tell him about us. Keep us both safe. Adam told him about him tho. Dumb. But dad said not to.

I smiled, getting dressed after I showered

I smiled, getting dressed after I showered. Grabbing my bag, I headed downstairs. I saw Bella sitting at the table with Aissa and Leo as I grabbed a cup of yogurt. I put some bananas, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries in a mason jar with the yogurt. I ate it as we followed Bella to her truck. She drove us to the school as she didn't say anything. We knew she was going to confront Edward about him being a vampire.

As I climbed out, Bella stood next to the truck as I saw some of my classmates from Theater. Leo, Aissa, and I walked over to them as they welcomed us. I looked around and saw Jasper and his siblings arrive. Jasper waved over to me as my classmates squealed.

Leo and Adam nodded at Jasper as I walked up to him. I motioned for the woods as we walked. I stopped at a tree as Jasper stood behind me. "You're impossibly fast. And strong. Your skin is pale-white, ice-cold. Your eyes change color. And sometimes you speak like... you're from a different time," I turned to face him now. "You never eat food, or drink, or come out in the sunlight. And you said no to the beach trip only after you heard where it was. Because of the treaty"

This last registers with him. I stepped closer to him. "How old are you?" I asked. "Nineteen," Jasper told me. "How long have you been nineteen?" I asked. "Just over a hundred years," Jasper answered. "Wow," I gasped.

"I know what the Cold Ones are. What you are." "Say it. Out loud. Say it," He asked ".....Vampire," I said as I realized what danger I could be getting in. Jasper grasped my arm as he walked somewhere. "Where're we going?" I asked. "Up the mountain. Out of the cloud bank. You need to see what I am," Jasper told me. "What I look like in the harsh light of the sun." "What?!" I exclaimed. "No! Won't the sunlight will kill you?"