22

-Kiara's Pov-

Jasper and I sat in the back of English Lit class as Zeffirelli's '68 "Romeo and Juliet" plays

Jasper and I sat in the back of English Lit class as Zeffirelli's '68 "Romeo and Juliet" plays. The suicide scene was on. "Arms, take your last embrace, and lips, O you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss...," Romeo spoke. I mouthed the words. The room was dark as the class sat. Some students entertained, some moved, Mike trying not to fall asleep. The teacher, Mrs. Edweird, mouths every word. "Here's to my love!" Romeo said as he drinks the poison. "O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick." "I loved my birthday," I sighed. "But the older I get, the closer I get to dying." "Nothing compared to when I thought I lost you," Jasper told me.

"There are worse tragedies than a birthday. Look at Romeo. He's responsible for his wife's death. Who could live with that?" He looked at the screen. "Though I do envy him one thing," He continued. "Juliet's alright... if you like that obviously beautiful sort of thing," I sighed. "Not the girl, the suicide," Jasper replied. "Nearly impossible for my kind. But humans, a little poison, dagger to the heart. There are so many options." "Why would you even think about that?" I asked him. He turned my wrist over and ran his hand over the horseshoe shaped scar on my forearm. "I considered it. Once. When James had you trapped," Jasper explained.

"I didn't know if I'd find you in time. If I'd gotten you killed." "It wouldn't have been your fault," I reminded him. "Either way, I had a plan," Jasper looked at me. "What plan?" I asked. "There are... ways for us," Jasper explained. "At least one way. I would have gone to Italy, provoked...." "The who?" I asked. "The Volturi...," Jasper answered. "Is something you'd like to share class, Jasper?" Mrs. Edweird asked. "And you. Ms... Kiara?" He added.

I was disgusted by the way he said that. Jasper was to put didn't say it. "Certainly not. But I apologize for being a distraction. Perhaps you should rewind to act five, scene one line twenty-eight eighty-nine," Jasper recited. "If you had the strength of twenty men, it would dispatch you straight. And I also suggest you not speak. Or look at Ms Kiara like that. Quite unpleasant. You're lucky I haven't told her Father. Who is the History teacher here, Or the principal" Mrs. Edweird just looked at him, then moved off, intimidated and shocked.

"Eyes on the screen, people," she asked. The kids looked at the teacher disgusted. "Thank you" i whispered. Kissing his cheek.

-Tonight-