28| Dismiss Contract?

Ruhi-

Uffff! I was flattered by the view. This was so magnificent. I felt like I'm dreaming. The waterfall was so amazing. It was in the middle of the forest. It was all surrounded by trees, long grasses, small rocks, colourful flowers, butterflies and birds. A tree's branch was spread from one end of the shore to another.

 A tree's branch was spread from one end of the shore to another

I was not in my control. My legs were jumping from here to there. Everyone was enjoying and laughing like me. We were gossiping sitting on that branch which was above the water. And then after sometime we youngsters except chaitanya started playing around. Suddenly, I felt a gaze on me. When I turned back, it was Chaitanya. I ran towards him and threw myself on him. In a nick of time he held me tightly by circling his arms around my waist. I snaked my arms possessively around his neck and pulled him closer.

"Chayi! I love this place. I have never seen something more beautiful than this. Thank You!" I confessed honestly.

He was stiff. Sensing this I pulled myself away a little and saw his face. The shock was written all over his face. I rested my one hand on his chest and the other on his shoulder. He looked deep in my eyes as if he was talking with me through eye contact.

"Chayi?"

"Yeah..."

"Are you fine?"

"Yeah..."

I smiled at him and then was about to distance myself from him, but his grip on my waist was still there.

"Chaitanya?"

He was still gazing at me intensely. Atlast I shake him a bit. There he was out of his world.

"Wh...at... Wh..at happened?" He stammered

"Your hand..."

He looked and then he realised. Slowly he removed his hand over my waist as if I'm very fragile for him.

"Staring at someone is bad manners, Chaitanya! " I giggled saying this. He shyly smiled at me. Gosh! His smile is intoxicating for me.

"What if she is my wife?" He asked grinning broadly.

"I'm your buddy-"

"And wife too" he interrupted.

"But for-

"Forever" again he interrupted.

"No!" I said, looking away from him. Suddenly the atmosphere became a bit serious.

"Ruhi... should I ask you something?"

I nodded.

"What if ... we .. dismiss the contract...?" He asked with hesitation.

My breath hitched. What is he saying? Dismiss the contract? Won't we be divorcing? What should I do? How unpredictable he is... He was looking at me like a hope, patiently waiting for my answer.

"Why? Don't you want divorce?" I asked.

Chaitanya-

When we reached at the waterfall spot, Ruhi was on cloud nine. She started playing like a wandering, jumping from one place to another, giggling, talking, etc. Like a small child. I was lost looking at her.

Suddenly she turned around and came running towards me. I was stiffed by her sudden closeness. She threw herself on me. Luckily, I caught her on time or she would have fallen down. Excitedly she was saying something but I couldn't hear anything as I was numb feeling her heartbeat when she pulled me closer. When she faced me I looked deeply in her eyes. Her eyes always allure me. 'You are so pretty, Ruhi. No one in this world can stop me from loving you. I love you!' I thought that I was telling her but in reality nothing came out of my mouth.

I was pulled out of the trance when she said, "Staring at someone is bad manners, Chaitanya!" Something tickled in my stomach.

"What if she is my wife?" I asked in order to tease her.

"I'm your buddy-"

"And wife too" I interrupted.

"But for-"

"Forever" I immediately replied because I don't want to hear the next thing.

"No!"she said, looking away from me. I guess she was uncomfortable with the conversation which was heading to the actual point.

Not letting this opportunity go, I asked her, "Ruhi... should I ask you something?"

She nodded.

I asked her hesitantly, "What.., if ... we .. dismiss the contract...?"

She was dumbstruck by the question. Later she asked me,"Why? Don't you want divorce?"

"Actually ... uhm... How should I explain? Ruhi listen, i....i...to be honest....i..." I was afraid of her, regarding what should I say? What if she gets upset with my reply? Should I confess my feelings?

"Chaitanya! Relax! When you are comfortable at that time you answer me." she said patting my shoulder.

"Okay! But whatever my answer would be, you won't get upset. And if you didn't like it, I'm not forcing you to behave likewise. It's your decision. Promise?"

"Huh? Something is definitely wrong with you today." Ruhi said, knitting her eyebrows suspiciously.

"Hey, Lovebirds! Come here." Dhruv shouted.

"Ruhi, close your eyes!" I exclaimed.

"Why?"

"Just do as I say. I'm gonna show you something." closing her eyes with my palms, I took her in front of a treehouse.

"Are you ready?" Dhruv yelled in excitement.

"Yeeessss!" she replied.

Slowly I removed my hands from her eyes.

"A treehouse! Chayi, dhruv for the first time I have seen a treehouse for real." she said, widening her eyes.

"We know that you are a nature lover, therefore Chayi bought this for you, a week before. By your expression I can say that you loved it." saying this he left both of us alone.

Published on- 10/11/2022

Thankyou THY_ADDY_, samikshya_sm, Tejaswinityagi  for the votes!