10| Supportive Friend!

Chaitanya-

Next day, Dhruv came to the airport to pick me up. I told him about the whole incident and since then Dhruv was there with me for the whole time. Even when I asked him to leave, he didn't move from there.

Sighing in frustration, I drove my car towards my penthouse without acknowledging Dhruv. I was heartbroken. To avoid everyone, I went to my penthouse. Other than Dhruv, no one knows that I bought this penthouse, not even my parents. Usually when I used to feel frustrated, I used to visit here. As soon as I entered, I started smashing the chairs on the ground, destroying each and everything that came my way. I was hell-bent to wreak havoc on the whole world.

After sometime I sensed someone behind me.

"Dhruv, if you want to live more in this world then just get the hell out of here."

"Okay I'm leaving."

I was surprised. When I turned around to check whether he left or not, I was startled by her presence.

I didn't know how to react, but I lost control and hugged her tightly.

Dhruv-

Since the beginning, I knew that Kaylee was not right for Chayi, but he didn't listen to anyone. I was quite frightened to see Chayi in this state. He was beyond angry. I guess he was not able to cope up with the circumstances. I was pulled out of my trance, when I heard a sound of a vehicle driving at a dangerous speed. Realizing that Chayi was not nearby, I started to panic.

Not being able to understand, I thought to call Ruhi for help. But suddenly I stopped, thinking that taking her help might add more fuel to the fire. I dropped the idea and started to trace Chaitanya's phone through my sources. Surprisingly, from nowhere Ruhi called me. I was confused whether to pick the call or not.

Giving up, I attended the call.

"Hey!"

"Hii"

"Actually, when are you two going to come? Mom is asking about you both."
"Huh...We are on the-"

"Are you fine?"

"Yeah... everything is fine." I stammered.

"Dhruv, you know that I can zip the secrets tightly in my hold. If there is any problem, you are free to share with me. Unknowingly I might help you. So don't lie to me."

"Actually Ruhi.... Promise me you won't say anything to Mom and Dad. It's about Chayi...."

"What happened? Are you both fine? Is there something serious? I thought it might be related to business, but it seems you are in danger...... Send me your location-"

"Ru... ru.... Calm down. We both are absolutely fine. Well, I'm sending you the location, come there and I'll tell you everything. Okay?" I interrupted her.
After sending the location I hung up the call.

Ruhi-

I took the keys hurriedly and escaped from everyone's attention. When I reached the location given by Dhruv, I found no one. Searching a bit, I saw Dhruv coming with a water bottle.

"Before starting your interrogation, drink this water. Calm down."

I drank two sips and then raised my eyebrow, indicating Dhruv to start his narration.

"Ru, Chayi came yesterday-"

"And you didn't inform me. You know very well that I'm responsible if our parents come to know about our mess." I interrupted him.

"No, it's not like that Ruhi. Chayi is very disturbed."

"Ohh. Now what happened to him?"

Actually, I was curious to know about his sudden behavior but showed that it is something unimportant for me.

"Kaylee left him."

"Whatttt??" I was shocked by the revelation. After knowing the whole incident, I just wanted to see Chaitanya.
"Will you take me to Chaitanya?" I asked Dhruv with a bit of hesitation.

"Why not?" Dhruv smiled as if he wanted me to say this.

Thousands of thoughts were lingering in my head. But soon I was pulled out of my chain of thoughts when Dhruv gestured to me to come with him.

It was quite a dark and yet magnificent place. It had a different vibe. Sounds of crashing were clearly audible. It must be Chaitanya.

I was frightened when I saw Chaitanya. He was literally looking like a monster to me. 'Ruhi it's better to keep your mouth shut, if you want to stay alive.' I thought to myself. As Dhruv went out on the command of Chaitanya, I was thinking of escaping, but I don't know why I stopped there.

Suddenly Chaitanya turned around and he embraced me tightly in his arms. I was shocked by his sudden action. I thought he might vent his anger on me but he proved me wrong. His breathings were heavier than usual. I felt some kind of blank emotion and for the first time I saw him so vulnerable.

I tried to calm him by patting his back.

"Chaitanya, calm down. And it's me Ruhi." I actually tried to make him realize that I'm Ruhi because he might be thinking of me as Kaylee, he hugged me. After sometime when he was back to normal, I tried to get out of his grip.

Soon he released me, avoiding the gaze.
I cupped his face in my palms and made him look at me. "It's okay Chaitanya. No need to hide your emotions from me. It's good if you share your pain a little with others. I don't know what to say, but I want you to pour your emotions out. Don't bottle up in your heart."

He didn't answer me nor even looked at me. I was annoyed. Grabbing his arms, I snarled, "What the hell man! I'm trying to confront you and you are showing your useless attitude. It's not necessary to mask your expressions everytime. I'm not gonna take any kind of advantage of your pain-"

"You know very well the whole matter. So, what should I tell you? Leave from here."

"I won't. I want to hear your unsaid feelings. Chaitanya, I won't judge you, that's my promise."

I was right. He was fearing that I might judge him. As soon as I promised, his expressions were softened. He sat on the floor quietly. Following him, I sat beside him. Without uttering a word, I sat there for sometime, around half an hour.

"So are you not going? Ruhi, it's better to not get involved in this all."

I was quiet because arguing with him now will not help him to express his anger in words.

He sighed.

Published on- 20/07/2022

-------------------------------

Thankyou @GvGranger for the votes!