23| Chayi?

Ruhi-

I was stiff when he held my hand. I nearly choked on my saliva when he lovingly looked and introduced me to them. While Dhruv and Anshu were giggling at my reaction. I greeted everyone and the next moment they gave me a bone-crushing hug.

We all went to a nearby luxurious restaurant and had a good appetite. Chit-Chatting with them was fun. It looks like we have known each other for so long. After that Dhruv started telling our constant daily Arguments between Chaitanya and me. Everyone laughed out loud hearing him.

“You both actually make a good pair and we are totally in awe with you bhabhi!” Tia complimented.

“You are mistaken, she is the feisty Queen.” Chaitanya said, looking at me.

“Chayi!” I shouted softly.

“What did you call?” Anshu, Dhruv and Chaitanya in shock asked together. Then I realized what I called him.

“t-an-ya, Chaitanya. Behave yourself.” I said nonchalantly.

“No, you called me Chayi!” he whined like a baby.

“You are mistaken!” I said focusing on my plate kept in front of me.

“Here my favourite show began.” Dhruv sighed saying this. While everyone laughed at his statement.

“Let’s go home now.” I said getting up.

We all reached home and after late night talks we rushed to our respective room to rest.

“So?” he asked me.

“What?”

“You won’t admit that you called me Chayi?”

“That was a slip of tongue.”

“Gosh! Finally, you admitted. So, from today onwards you are gonna call me Chayi!” giving a sheepish smile he said.

“In your dreams!”

“Okay! I won’t force you to say but I’ll be waiting for that day when you will call me Chayi with your whole consciousness.” He said with a small smile.

I just nodded and slept on the bed.

Chaitanya-

We all were having breakfast. Suddenly mom cleared her throat to gain everyone’s attention.

“So now everyone is present, I want to say something. It’s been 11 months since Chaitanya and Ruhi married. Therefore, we will be visiting our traditional Temple which we always visit every year. Next week we will be leaving and will be living there for a week. During that period, no one will carry their office-work on the shoulders. You all will be purely devoting your time with family. Hence, complete your work beforehand.”

“But mom-”

“No buts and no arguments. It's my command.” Mom ordered sternly.

Everyone had their breakfast quietly.

This one week is gonna be very hectic. Everyone were stressed to accomplish their task, projects.

I and Ruhi hardly stayed at home as we were busy with our own work. After a hectic week we were completely exhausted. I hardly spent any time with cousins; I guess this might be the same for Dhruv and Ruhi.

Atlast, the day Arrived when we were supposed to go.

Published on- 3/10/2022

-------------------------------------------------

Surprise.....Double update!

Thankyou for 1.3k reads....