Prologue

"Never thought that I would get married! Indian parents are really good at blackmailing their children for marriage. Never mind, I too have some plans." I thought.

Suddenly from nowhere, my mom came in when I was getting ready. She hugged me tightly and it was evident that she's gonna miss me. To cajole her, I caressed her cheeks and tried to comfort her by patting her back.

After some minutes, she was normal, and then she cupped my cheeks and said, "Ruhi, I know you might be angry with me for now. But as a parent, I have to fulfill my responsibilities. Getting married is not your thing. But you know there is a time when you need someone, who can support your decisions, take care of you when you are not feeling well, and as well as correct you when you are wrong. There will be a time when I or your dad will not be there to protect you, but then you will have your husband who will be there for you in the worst phase as well as in good times. So, try to understand our point of view." I just nodded and began to wear my accessories. My mother saw that still I was not convinced, therefore without saying a word, she helped me.

After getting ready I sat near the window alone in the room looking outside the scenario. The surroundings were quite noisy. You know a typical Indian wedding can't be the calm one. Watching this I started recalling my old days of me being single.

Posted on- 29/5/2022