Chapter 79

Qin Yao seemed to appear fine, save for the paleness of his face.

He stood there quietly, and it was not known how long he had been standing there for, but his eyes were on Gu Yan's body from start to finish, not leaving him for even a moment.

Gu Yan stopped.

Should he be happy, or disappointed? A certain feeling flashed past his heart, and it went by so quickly he was not able to catch it.

Thus he was too lazy to think about it.

He looked profoundly at Qin Yao. For him to actually be alive after suffering an injury like that, is he really a human, and not some demon with a thick hold on life? That powerful body if his was simply unimaginable even for a demon.

But fortunately, this terrifying human was not a threat to him.

Gu Yan did not even try to continue his efforts of pretending, walking past Qin Yao with a firm gaze forward.

Just like this, he won't keep him in his heart anymore.

Qin Yao suddenly reached out and grabbed Gu Yan by the wrist. His fingertips were cold.

"Master, do you not remember me at all?"His voice was deep and hoarse, concealing a slight hint of a tremble.

But Gu Yan was destined to disappoint him with his answer.

The truth was, Qin Yao understood this as well. But just like with a man standing at death's door, you could never let go before you make one final struggle, he had to ask.

Gu Yan turned his head back to look at him, scoffing:"Do you really want to know?"

Qin Yao's hand tightened, and his gaze dimmed.

"I don't remember, not a single thing."Gu Yan revealed a cruel smile on his lips,"Can you let go now?"

Qin Yao did not release his grip. He closed his eyes.

After a moment, he opened his eyes once more. Bit by bit, a bleak smile curled up his lips:"It's fine even if you don't remember."

Gu Yan raised his brows, revealing a look of suspicion.

"You only treated me like that because you didn't remember, master, I know, none of this was master's intention."

Saying that, he seemed to have become even more firm in his beliefs.

As if he had found one last thread of hope, seizing it without a care for anything else so that he would not fall into the endless abyss.

"It's fine if master has forgotten, as long as I remember."Qin Yao said.

A faint sense of hope appeared within his asymetrical eyes, as if he had found a reason to live again.

Those memories that have been engraved into his mind were so precious, they were his very own treasures.

Gu Yan frowned. He truly was a troublesome human being, he should have killed him off early on. He suddenly broke out into a sneer as he raised his hand towards Qin Yao's throat——But Qin Yao dodged him easily with a turn of his head, holding Gu Yan's other hand firmly in his grip.

A pained and apologetic smile revealed itself on Qin Yao's lips as heavy emotions tumbled within his eyes. He spoke with a hoarse voice,"Master, I can't die yet."

Gu Yan glared at him. He should have known early on that humans could not be trusted. If he loved him so much, then why can't he just die for his sake?

So, aren't they all fake?