Chapter 39

Kevin held his gun tightly to the point where his knuckles were turning pale. His eyes were filled with fright,"What are you?!"

He had clearly shot Gu Yan! But Gu Yan was completely fine......But those eyes, he saw them turn red bit by bit, those were not eyes that a human should have at all......

"You don't have to know."Gu Yan's voice was icy cold as he took step after step towards Kevin.

This detestable ant. Bit by bit, he wanted to tear him to shreds, eat him, and torment him......He wanted him to know what the price of offending him was, allowing him to die slowly in a despairing nightmare......

Kevin stumbled backwards. His instinct that had helped him through countless life and death situations made him aware of Gu Yan's horror, and he wanted to just turn and flee. But he was not a normal person after all; he knew that if he ran, then he would definitely be forfeiting any chance he had to live! Desperation emerged in his eyes instantly. He grabbed the assault rifle from behind his back and fired it desperately at Gu Yan!

Gu Yan's figure suddenly flashed, leaving behind a string of residual images, closing in at lightning speed! He spread his demonic energy over his skin, and that easily allowed him to stop the attack of the bullets! He managed to avoid most of the bullets, but the ones that did hit were no different than just scratching an itch......

Seeing that his bullets were about to run out, Kevin's face revealed a look of desperation as that terrifying man was about to reach him.

What kind of monster did he actually end up provoking? Recalling his earlier actions, wasn't he courting his own death?! Stiffly he still held onto the trigger, but he knew that the chances for him to get out of here alive today were extremely slim......

However......That terrifying man suddenly stopped. A dozen holes were densely packed around his chest area with blood oozing out. He seemed almost in disbelief at this progression as he lowered his head to touch the wounds. Seeing the blood on his hands, he had gone into a trance.

Kevin was stunned, and instantly, an expression of pure joy overtook his face! He did not know what happened, but his bullets suddenly started to work again. But if he did not run now, then there would be no other chance! He turned and was just about to run desperately towards the roads, he did not care about anything else anymore!

Gu Yan looked dazedly at the blood on his hands.

For a moment earlier, the golden spiritual energy that had been staying quietly within his body had suddenly gone into a rampage while he was using his demonic energy. His control waned for a moment, and it immediately broke through the bindings within his body, rushing out madly. He had no choice but to reroute all his demonic energy towards it to suppress its rampage; and while his body had lost the support of the demonic energy, he had been covered with holes in just the blink of an eye.

Even so, he did not feel any pain, it was just some minimal damage to his flesh.

But the blood he lost caused his body to feel rather weak......

Gu Yan raised his head and saw that the man had already run quite a distance away. A cold smile curled up his lips.

Even if he was hurt, it still would not take much to make short work of an ant! He reached out towards the air, clenching his fists! And grabbed that man back! Throwing him heavily onto the ground! He stepped on the man's chest to keep him in place and observed him with cold eyes.

When Kevin saw Gu Yan, his eyes had instantly lost its clarity. The wounds on Gu Yan's body was no longer bleeding. Right now, dressed in his shirt dyed in scarlet, with a cold smile on his handsome face, he looked like the god of hell. He had sent him flying back with just the wave of his hand, he could not even hope to struggle. This was all beyond what he could understand with human knowledge, only a demon from the legends could have such abilities......This was a terrifying oriental demon!