Chapter 30

Gu Yan revealed a faint smile, he was very satisfied with Zhou Yu’s performance.

At the very beginning, when demons first started to come into existence, such large level differences were not present……Instead, this disparity had only formed after all the countless slaughtering and mutual consumption within the demon world. It is hard to imagine how lacking the demon world was, there were no humans or any other types of food. So for the sake of survival and getting stronger, the only thing they could do was to kill each other endlessly and consume them……Their only choices were to either eat others, or be eaten, there was no other choice.

There was no shortcut on this road to becoming strong.

Right now, he was one of the most powerful among the high-tier demonic beings with the title of the demon lord’s Number One Great General, it was completely meaningless for him to devour a puny little demon. But for a low-tier demonic being, a drop of his blood equated to a divine elixir that could allow them to make a great leap in their power!

This sort of temptation was not something a normal human could turn their backs on.

And how would it be possible for a low-tier demonic being like Zhou Yu to resist the temptation of his blood?

He had never believed the existence of loyalty in this world. It was impossible for humans, and even more so for demons. If he wanted to avoid any betrayals, then he would have to suppress them with his absolute power! Then at the right moments, he will let them taste the benefits of serving him……Tempering a person with mercy is the right way to go.

“Since you will be working under me, then you must not be too weak.”With the tip of his fingers, Gu Yan flicked his demonic blood towards her, landing directly on Zhou Yu’s forehead,”Absorb this drop of blood well, and you shall receive the ability to protect yourself.”

As soon as that droplet of demonic blood touched Zhou Yu’s forehead, it quickly seeped into her skin. She closed her eyes, and suddenly, threads of black energy started to squirm under her skin, and a dark fog quickly enveloped her entire body. After a quarter of an hour, she once again opened her eyes, revealing eyes glowing with joy!

She had actually managed to skip past three levels, she had jumped directly from the lowest levels of the lowest tier of demonic beings straight into the minimum threshold for a mid-tier demonic being! With this power, there was no need for her to be so wary in the human world any longer! At best, a human’s weapon would only be able to deal with some of the low-tier demonic beings!

She had originally been weaker than even that demon from the Donglin Community. Even though she was not as strong as that bloodthirster who had razed through the entire hospital, they were not far apart in strength.

Gu Yan noticed that look in her eyes and scoffed.

His scoff had been very light, but for Zhou Yu, it sounded almost thunderous! She had broken out in cold sweat and the sudden presence of that tremendous force caused her state of mind to waver. She was almost unable to pull her instinct back, she wanted to throw everything aside and slaughter everything outside!

“I have forgotten myself for a moment……”She knelt respectfully on the ground and spoke in a sincere tone,”Please forgive me, my lord.”

Even though she had become a mid-tier demonic being, she was still nothing in Gu Yan’s eyes. Once she calmed down she realized that even someone as strong as Gu Yan needed to disguise himself as a human, much less her?

The calm gradually returned on Gu Yan’s face,”Get up.”

“Yes.”Zhou Yu got up carefully, but she still kept her head down respectfully, not daring to make eye contact with Gu Yan.