Chapter 7

When Gu Yan finished his leisurely walk home, Xu Ming had already left. He stood in front of the window and peered condescendingly at the sights below him. This world was as quiet and beautiful as ever. Just the thought that this world would be destroyed by his own hands gave him an inexplicable twinge of excitement.

That foul, inferior creature from today really made him lose his appetite, for him to actually have the nerve to wreak havoc before he made his move. Gu Yan scoffed, he was already in the human world now, but he still had to personally deal with such trivialities.

As a high-level demon general, how could he tolerate the existence of such trash within his territory?

……………………

Xu Ming had come over early the next morning. He frowned,”The company is asking you to make a trip there today.”

“Oh?”Gu Yan raised an eyebrow.

“Do you still remember Zhu Huan Wei, your agent?”A worried expression emerged on Xu Ming’s face,”I think he’s looking for you.”

With a curl on his lips, Gu Yan shot Xu Ming a glance. As his agent, he shouldn’t have to contact him so officially through the company, even his little assistant had figured out that things can’t be good.

But what he feared the least, was trouble.

Even though the original host was just an insignificant little star in the world, the entertainment company he was signed to was Shihe Entertainment, one of the largest ones in the country.

And for such a large company, they had many big celebrities who have already made it big since a long time ago, as well as popular young rising stars. And so, relatively speaking, such a small-time star like Gu Yan was even more neglected, and the resources he could enjoy were little.

Shihe Entertainment had their own glamorous building in the city center. When Gu Yan entered, he could see many people going in and out from the hall. Some of the were familiar to him, and with some thought he figured that they were probably common faces on TV. When he arrived, Zhu Huan Wei was already waiting in the office. He appeared to be about thirty years old, and he smiled as soon as he saw Gu Yan, saying:”Come sit.”

Gu Yan observed him briefly. This person was said to be one of the senior agents of Shihe Entertainment, and there were many stars signed celebrities and artists signed under his name. But seeing his kindly appearance now, he could tell that he wasn’t going to give him the chop directly.

“I’ve been a bit busy these days and didn’t get to handle your business. You don’t mind, do you?”Said Zhu Huan Wei with a smile.

Gu Yan shook his head. He didn’t like being ordered around, so it was better that he didn’t.

Zhu Huan Wei secretly observed Gu Yan’s reactions and found that he was being quite tactful, but in his heart he grumbled that Zhang Yuan was actually unable to finish even such a menial task. He spoke of Gu Yan so outstandingly that he couldn’t have been deceiving him, but could it be that it was just a lie, and he was in truth trying to go against him?

“A lot of things happened to you during this time, and for you, I think taking a break would be the best choice. Just give it some time, out of sight, out of mind, it’s better to start over.”Zhu Huan Wei spoke to him warmly with a face that he meant the best for both of them, and continued”You should know as well that we’re now in the age of information, a small matter can blow up if it finds its way on the internet. But no matter how big the matter was, the heat would start to settle after a few days. If you try to explain things now, things would just get worse so you might as well leave it. Just give it some time and nobody will think about it anymore.”