Chapter 43

The two sat face to face within a private room at the restaurant.

Seeing that nobody was around, Bai Ya immediately reverted to herself. Her brow wrinkled and she cursed,"You little bastard! Running off to another city without even saying anything, did you even plan to call home after so long? Are you trying to play at being a missing person?! To think that you would even dare to ignore my calls! Do you really think you've grown a pair of wings?!"

Gu Yan leaned back slightly and narrowed his eyes.

"What on earth did you think you were doing, not telling anyone? You should have some limits even if you're throwing a temper tantrum. You better go home and apologize to your dad."Bai Ya scoffed,"How much money could you earn from acting? I can't even remember how many times I've told you, you should've stayed at home obediently, and curried favour with your dad, what are you making a mess for? You would not have to be in this damn condition if you were just a tiny bit like those two brothers of yours, you're making me lose face as well!"

"You barely even pass off as a mistress, and you think I'm the one to blame for your losing face?"Gu Yan sneered.

Bai Ya slammed her hand on the table abruptly and stood up. She could feel the fire rising up her head when she saw Gu Yan's eyes, she extended her hand and reached out for a slap!

How could Gu Yan let this woman hit him? With a scoff, he turned slightly and avoided it.

"You're really too much!"Bai Ya had always appeared very soft and gentle in front of the Gu family, but she had a distorted character behind their backs. Ever since he was young, she had been hitting Gu Yan very often. After growing into this habit for so many years, she did not expect for Gu Yan to actually resist her. Not to mention how he was acting when they came in, she was so angry her lungs were about to blow up! She really wanted to give him a good scolding!

With a 'crash!', the glass in Gu Yan's hand had been squeezed into a fine dust! The transparent glass shards fell on the table, making a bunch of noise......His eyes were so cold that you could barely find any hint of warmth in them, and his thin lips parted faintly:"Enough."

"......"

Bai Ya looked at Gu Yan stiffly. Her mouth was still half open, but looking at Gu Yan's eyes, she could feel suddenly a chill running up her spine.

His eyes were so unfamiliar, and so terrifying.

And finally, there was peace.

Gu Yan raised his lips. Dealing with a crazy woman like this, he had to show her the consequences she would face if she provoked him. Otherwise, he would see no end of her. If not for the fact that he was considerate of the kinship between the woman and the original owner, he would not end that crushing that glass earlier, he would crush that woman's throat instead......That way, she would never be able to wag her tongue in front of him ever again.

But despite that, he still did not intend on tolerating an ant that would challenge his patience incessantly.

"You've come at a good time, there's something I want to make clear with you."Gu Yan's voice was cold, and his eyes were sharp like daggers,"Don't come looking for me in the future, and don't even think about playing any tricks. Otherwise, I won't be reserved."

Bai Ya looked at the glass shards on the table, then to Gu Yan's expressionless face, and her face instantly paled. It felt that she had only just realized that this was not the same Gu Yan as the one she could easily pressure......He had turned into a dangerous and unfamiliar existence.

After a moment of silence, she put out an ugly smile, speaking with a voice that had suddenly gone soft,"You've misunderstood me......Mommy was a bit impulsive earlier, but that's because I care about you. You've been gone for so long, everyone's worried......"