Chapter 21

The big man obediently led Gu Yan at the front. Only after facing Gu Yan's might directly did he know how terrifying he truly was. Early, when he was in Gu Yan's grip, He had tried his best but still could not move Gu Yan's hand by even an inch. Gu Yan looked to be a scrawny person, and his actions looked as swift and easy as a breeze, but his strength was no joke!

"Brother Qing, they're here."Said the man meekly as he brought them to a private room on the third floor.

Within the room were three men and four women. With one glance, you could tell the men were from the underworld, while the women with them were bargirls who drank and sang with them, it was happy hour. A teenage boy was sat huddled up int he corner with both his hands tied to the back. His nose was bruised and swollen, he had clearly been badly beaten, still whimpering softly there.

Seeing the teen, Xu Ming felt anxious as he quickly rushed over, his face filled with pain and pity,"Xiao Fei, what's wrong, Xiao Fei?"

The man sitting on the sofa had a crew cut and his face was very fierce, dressed in a black T-shirt with a thick gold chain around his neck. Seeing their arrival, he waved his hand and the ladies went out like a school of fish.

His eyes passed over Xu Ming and finally landed on Gu Yan. He asked,"Who's he?"

"Brother Qing, that's Xu Fei's brother's friend. He came with him to settle the debt."Said the man at the door. There was still a trace of lingering fear in his eyes when he looked towards Gu Yan.

Brother Qing narrowed his eyes and observed him for a short moment before suddenly turning his head over to ask Xu Ming,"Did you bring the money?"

Xu Ming had ascertained that Xu Fei was fine with only a few minor injuries, and he was finally relieved. He quickly took the black backpack from his back,"Here's five hundred thousand, it's yours."

The man at the side took over the bag, and after confirming it, nodded to Brother Qing.

A look of satisfaction appeared in Brother Qing's face as he looked at Xu Ming thoughtfully:"This Xu Fei brat seems to be in quite the tough situation at home, but he's out here for some fun even without money, that's why he got himself under debt to us loan sharks. I had wanted to clean that boy up well today......But I didn't think that he'd have such a capable big brother, you got us that five hundred thousand quick."

Xu Ming's eyes revealed a look of embarrassment, and he couldn't help looking towards Gu Yan. If not for him, how could he have gotten five hundred thousand?

Brother Qing watched this scene quietly, and smiled:"Well, now that you've paid his debt, we're reasonable people too. You can take Xu Fei away."

Hearing this, Xu Ming could finally give a heavy sigh of relief. He was still worried at the very start that these people may turn back on their word and make things hard for them, but he ever expected to free Xu Fei so easily!

He didn't want to be here for even a second longer, so he began to leave as soon as he helped Xu Fei up.

Gu Yan took a look at Brother Qing, and turned to leave with Xu Ming.

Brother Qing narrowed his eyes as he watched them go down the stairs, and left the bar. Only then did he turn to the man by his side,"Bring the boys, we're going out tonight."

The man asked,"Didn't we already get the money? That kid only borrowed fifty thousand but still ended up paying us five hundred thousand, heh."

"Five hundred thousand is nothing. If we get that fat little lamb settled, then we might even get five million no problem."The faint glow of greed roused in Brother Qing's eyes, and the wicked expression on his face was slightly distorted,"Do you know who that other guy is? If not for him, then I'll bet we won't even be able to get five hundred thousand even if we turn that brat into a cripple."