Chapter 23

With a glass of wine in hand, Madam Song came towards Gu Yan and smiled,"We meet again."

Gu Yan turned around with a straight face and left.

Madam Song was startled, but after a moment, she was furious! This was the first time she had encountered someone like him who wouldn't give her any face! She hasn't even started to say or do anything, and she had already been completely ignored!

She caught up quickly and blocked Gu Yan's path forward, her elegant and beautiful appearance torn apart, her eyes now revealing a cold light. She whispered,"What do you take yourself for? Don't think I can't screw up your entire career in this circle!"

Gu Yan did not speak. He only gave her a cold glance, with the contempt in his eyes completely unhidden.

Madam Song's heart rose in anger, and her chest heaved fiercely. For Gu Yan's handsome face to be so extremely detestable! It was hard to bear! Who did he think he was? She wanted to humiliate him, and make him clear about where he really stood!

She raised her glass, and thrust it towards Gu Yan! But just as she tried to extend her hand, she could move no more.

Madam Song tried her best to shake her wrist, but Gu Yan's hands were like a pair of steel tongs, she couldn't shake him off the slightest bit! She shouted,"Let go!"

Gu Yan raised a brow and smiled, his thin lips raising into a fine arc,"Why should I?"

Because I want to splash this wine all over you! Madam Song yelled in her heart, but she always displayed an image of a fine lady, this was true even when she was planning something bad against a person. For her to be so anxious earlier was already a mistake, so how could she say anything now?

Faced with such a firm and resolute Gu Yan who did not follow common sense and yielded at nothing, Madam Song suddenly found herself unable to do anything. She took a deep breath to calm herself, and told him off coldly,"It is very impolite to treat a lady this way."

"But in my opinion, I should not need to be polite towards a person who has been impolite to me."Gu Yan was smiling, but that smile was not present at all in his eyes,"Don't you think so, Madam Song?"

"You!"Madam Song gritted her teeth.

"Oh? Isn't this Madam Song? What's wrong with the two of you?"A woman came over dressed in a low-cut dress the colour of blue gemstones. She had a tall stature and a voluptuous body, but what attracted people was not her body, but rather her flawless beauty. When she was not smiling, her appearance was like that of a hibiscus. But when she smiled, it was akin to a hundred flowers blooming, truly a thing of beauty to behold.

At this moment, her beautiful eyes showed a look of confusion as she looked at Madam Song and Gu Yan.

Madam Song suddenly smiled:"I'm just talking with a friend."

Gu Yan released his hand and smiled towards the woman. This appearance was a hard one to forget, and Gu Yan just so happened to have seen her in the entertainment news section. The A-list actress Zhou Yu. Due to her beautiful appearance, she was given the nickname of national goddess.

But he would never have expected that the real thing would have been such an unexpected surprise.

Madam Song turned and walked a few steps toward her, completely unfazed by what happened earlier, and put some distance between her and Gu Yan. She lowered her eyes, and collected the hate from her eyes. She had originally targeted Gu Yan for the sake of making Fu Zhe Chuan unhappy, but now she ended up hating Gu Yan instead!

He, he was just a small-time star! Fortunately, Zhou Yu came to solve the situation, if not, then she really did not know how she was going to pack up after that. Even though Madam Song looked down on Zhou Yu quite a bit, feeling that she was just somebody's mistress who had gotten famous through connections, but she did have quite some status within the entertainment circle after all, and her backer was also quite a powerful one, she could not treat her as simply as she treated Gu Yan. And so she put on a cheery tone,"What brought you here today, Ms. Zhou?"