Chapter 13

With eighty million easily obtained, Gu Yan returned home in a good mood. For him to take on an acting project would only earn him several tens of thousands or so……How could they even be compared? He was right after all to make that decision on that day. With eighty million, things would be more convenient now.

But of course, he did not intend to give up his profession of being an actor at this moment. After all, this was a good disguise, but he would not be wasting too much time on it.
The next day, he received Director Zhang’s call as he expected. He was told that due to Han Chang’s injury, he will have to withdraw from the crew, and he also asked whether he would like to take over as the male lead. But Gu Yan rejected him outright. Director Zhang tried to advise him otherwise, but he could only give up. He only told him to take a few days of rest in wait for them to adjust the positions before they inform him later when they were ready to continue again.

Gu Yan hung up his phone without care. If you told him to play the role of a man with deep feelings, gentle, no regrets in anything he does, a man who was impossible to find in real life, that would have been the real test of his skill. Right now, the role of the third supporting male character was fine, he didn’t need to hide any of his inner desires so it was an easy role to play. As for how unlikeable his character was, it only showed how hypocritical humans were……Humans are the greediest and most shameless creatures in this world, but they would never ever admit how filthy they are inside.

And if you compared them, even the savage and violent demonic beings would look cute next to a human.

He just so happened to be free today, so after some thought, Gu Yan decided to call Xu Ming over.

After coming over, Xu Ming found out that Gu Yan wanted to learn how to drive. This was a simple task. It was too bothersome to go all the way to a driving school to learn, so he just rented a car for training. When he was done learning, he could just directly register for a driving test.

But Gu Yan stopped Xu Ming from hiring a driving coach, and he said:”You can just teach me.”

After some thought, Xu Ming agreed. This really wasn’t anything hard, he had also pondered on this thought previously, he was just afraid that Gu Yan wouldn’t be too happy about it, so he mentioned to hire a proper driving coach.

It didn’t take long for the car dealers to bring the car over, then Xu Ming brought Gu Yan with the car over to the suburbs.

“Actually, all you need to pay attention to are the brakes, the throttle, the clutch, as well as the proper gear positions……”While demonstrating, Xu Ming continued:”You can watch me drive first, then you can ask me anything you’re confused about.”

First, Xu Ming drove straight, then came the reverse, U-turning, parking on a hill, and demonstrated them several times. Then he said:”Give it a try.”

Gu Yan sat himself on the driver’s seat and paused for a moment after starting the car. He was in no hurry either, so after getting a feel of it, he started to drive.

At first, he wasn’t driving too smoothly, but he started to drive extremely well after only ten minutes of practice, you couldn’t tell that he was a new driver at all.

Xu Ming:”……”

“Can I take the driving test now?”Gu Yan turned to ask.

“You still have to take the test for the rules and regulations on the road, have you looked through the book?”Xu Ming asked.

“I have it memorized.”Said Gu Yan plainly.

“……”Xu Ming replied:”I’ll go and sign you up, then we’ll see how soon you’ll be able to take the test.”Even though learning how to drive was simple, learning so fast was still going to make people envious, alright?!