Chapter 35

~Damon's POV~

Once we got to the hospital, I immediately carried her down. With hurried steps I took her into the hospital where some nurses hurried over to me and placed her down on a stretcher taking her away.

My feet just couldn't relax. I paced up and down in the waiting room anxious and scared.

The ringing of my phone alerted me as I pulled it out.

📞 "Hello Roger..."

📞"We have got him. And the Don would like to speak to you" He said.

I sighed running my fingers through my hair.

📞"Put him through" I said not having any other choice but to speak to him.

The line went silent for while before it connected again.

📞"Trigger we need you for an operation, when will you be back?" The rusty voice of the Don came through.

I hate that name so much.

📞"It's Damon when I'm not working. And I won't be back for a while. My mom is in the hospital I don't know how she is doing yet"I explained.

I spotted the doctor coming out from the hallway they took my mom into making me nervous.

📞"You better---"

I ended the call not ready to here his stupid complains.

"Doctor." I ran towards him.

"How may I help you young man?" He asked quizzically.

"The woman earlier, I brought her in. How is she doing?" I asked. Deep inside I was scared of his reply. I just want her to be okay.

I hope I wasn't late.

He sighed and stared at me.

"Let's go to my office" He lead the way towards his office.

Whatever he wanted to say must be bad. Oh lord.

I followed him into his office. He locked the door and sat down on his seat ushering me to sit down.

I sat down waiting for him to begin.

He tapped his desk observing me. I don't know what he thinks of me, maybe a thug. Wouldn't be far from the truth.

I am dressed in an all black and leather. My trouser and jacket plus the gloves on my hands.

"She is stable for now. I have given her a sedative so she is fast asleep...." He started.

The door opened up and a nurse came in and handed him a file and stepped out.

My nerves were anything but calm at the moment.

He opened the file and I watched as his brows creased. He rubbed his jaw and read.

"Boy your mom I believe.." he trailed off waiting for my reply.

I nodded and he continued.

"She has brain cancer. Were you aware?" He asked.

"Yes"

"It has grown to the final stage. The tumor in her brain is over grown. She is in a deadly spot right now."

"Why didn't you get her treated or admitted since?" He asked looking judgemental.

My heart panged with guilt as it slowly ate me up.

"I-i had no money for her treatment then" I stuttered explaining the situation.

His face softened as he smiled. I could see pity in his eyes which I detest so much.

"Is there anything that can be done now?" I asked hope in my eyes.

"I will do my best to control the growth but their is nothing else that can be done. She has a limited time left. I'm sorry Son" He patted my shoulders.

My heart sank.

Tears burned my eyes as I tried containing my emotions.

"C-can I see her?" I stared at him.

He smiled getting up.

"Sure"

He led me to her room and left.

I walked inside the room with a heavy heart. The thought that I failed her eating me up inside.

Tubs connected to her body. Her head was shaved and an oxygen mask on her face.

I sat beside her and held her hand as my tears blinded my vision.

"I-i'm so...sorry mum. I failed you" I cried.

"I tried so hard, I'm even doing a bad job just to save you and yet I failed. I can't lose you too mum. Please don't leave me. I don't want to be alone" I cried out everything bottling up inside of me.

I laid my head on her chest and slept off.

-----------

A pat on my shoulder woke me up.

A nurse stood beside me "I'm sorry sir but you can't sleep here, it's late. Visiting hours are over. You can come back tomorrow" she said.

I nodded and got up wiping me eyes.

I kissed her on her forehead promising to be back and walked out of the room.

I stepped out of the hospital and my bike was still where I left it.

I feel so lost and not in control of anything. I don't want to be alone.

I drove off and stopped at the one place I didn't think I would ever come back to.

What am I doing here?

I looked up at the window the light was still on.

My heart led me here believing it is my safe haven.

Lan.

I stepped down and removed my helmet and climbed up his window falling into his room.

The room was empty with no sign of him. I walked towards his mirror and stared at my reflection.

My eyes were red and my mind was going on a 360° ride.

"You going to end up alone" I mumbled under my breathe.

I sighed and took off my boot, climbing on his bed.

His smell was all over the room and the bed. He smelled like lavander. I inhaled his scent letting it lure me too sleep.

But like always my nightmares didn't miss an opportunity to hunt me. But this time around it was not only rose but my mom as well.

Even my nightmares knew how much I disappointed them.