Chapter 11

Author's POV

It's been five minutes since they have been staring at the food in front of them still trying to make out what it was.

Lan stood in the corner head down and pinching his fingers. He looked so much like a little kid under punishment.

Nate was the only one trying to stiffle his laughter. His face was so red from trying to contain it.

Jacob's eyes were twitching really badly as he tried to understand what was in his plate.

Luke was already looking like a man who would drop dead soon as his face was so pale.

Mark was still staring at the food with disbelief as he kept blinking his eyes hoping it would disappear.

Pearl herself kept playing with the food sighing every minute.

"What is this scary looking thing on my plate? " Jacob asked still staring at the food in shock.

" Please tell me this is all my imagination" Mark  pleaded hoping the food would just disappear.

"Why why!! "Luke lamented like an old man.

" We sent a kid to cook!"Pearl lamented as she covered her face in disappointment.

Nate couldn't take the looks on their faces anymore.

"Hahahaha....oh m-my l-lord y-you should see y-your faces right now...."he busted out in laughter making jest of their expressions.

"Oh goodness I might just die from laughter"he laughed not able to stop. His eyes were already becoming teary with how hard he was laughing.

He wiped his eyes"I am not surprised at all,I expected this.yall told him to cook without finding out if he has ever even boiled water before" he shook his head still finding the outcome funny.

They all sighed in defeat not able to refute his words.

"Tell me lan what is this scary thing we are looking at suppose to be love?"Pearl asked in defeat.

Lan was beyond embarrassed. He cluchted his fingers together as he forced himself to speak his cheeks already painted red.

"P-pasta"he whispered out but they all heard him.

"Pasta?"Jacob asked not able to believe his ears.

He pointed at his plate and stared at him horrified"This is pasta?"he asked again.

"It looks like mashed potatoes to me "Luke said as he twelled it with his fork.

Lan's eyes were already becoming teary. He clutched his fists trying to keep his emotions at bay. His shame was clouding his mind that he just couldn't process anything at the moment.

"Why didn't you tell us you couldn't cook?"Mark asked.

" I-i tried to"Lan replied sniffling his nose.

" Maybe it will taste better?..I hope"Pearl encouraged them.

Together they all used the spoon in the corner of their plates to lift the food to their mouth nervously.

Some didn't even take the risk. Some like Nate who just stared at him.

Immediately the food touched their taste bud they tried munching on it a little despite how watery and yucky it is.

"Oh my God my tongue!!"They all exclaimed at the same time running into the kitchen for some water.

Nate laughed at their reactions finding it hilarious that they would even think of tasting it.