~ Chapter 38 ~

July 10th, 10 am

July 10th, 10 am

Hanako

Hanako woke up with warm sunrays shining through the creme white curtains, illuminating the dust particles like glitter. Before taking in the beauty of the sun standing high over the dunes, she had to rub her eyes and stretch her limbs. Her yawn, followed by a slight pain in her legs and arms, made her wince and reminded her of the last moments she had spent with Kakashi.

Looking at him made her smile instantly. His peaceful and relaxed sleeping face sent butterflies right into her stomach... his perfectly straight nose, his wild hair that lay messily around his face and his slightly parted lips were mesmerising for Hanako.

Many people have always wanted to see his face but never got the chance to. Hanako felt so special that his best-kept secret was now a secret the two shared.

She tried to manifest his facial features in the back of her mind because she knew once they left this room, he'd put his mask back on, and she would probably not see his face for way too many hours. How does someone look like this?

Kakashi started to shift slightly as he slowly woke up. The low groans that left his body almost sounded like little moans, reminding Hanako that she never wanted to leave this bed. Ever.

His eyes widened when he saw Hana's face only mere centimetres in front of his own. "Hmm.. Good morning, Kireina," he chuckled quietly.

Hanako's smile widened immediately, and she wrapped her arms around his neck to attack his face with sweet kisses. "Good," kiss "morning," kiss "my," kiss "love!"

His grin widened, and he snaked his arms around Hana's waist to pull her close to him, "What did I do to deserve so many kisses the moment I woke up?"

Hana shrugged and pressed a sweet kiss to his nose, "You exist."

Kakashi

Kakashi's heart felt heavy. Waking up and realising that last night wasn't a creation of his imagination but reality made him feel like he could fly. It just felt so right.

Never once in his life did something feel this good. Of course, he had his friends, and sometimes he felt happy and carefree around them, but no one ever loved him as deeply as Hana. People, especially women of the Hidden Leaf, often tried their luck with him, but he was never interested enough to care. It's not like he didn't have his ways with some beautiful ladies in the past, but he never even managed to let them stay the night- or, in his case- he never stayed the night. When they were done, Kakashi left. In his defence, he never gave any woman hope. He had always told them it was nothing but sex, but most of them didn't care as long as they got a piece of the legendary Copy Ninja.

Hanako was different.

He loved her. He loved her so deeply. "Well, I'm not complaining. I was just wondering."