~ Chapter 15 ~

June 18th

June 18th

Hanako

Hana and Sasuke went through the pictures for a while. It was comfortable. They shared their lives with each other, and Hana told him everything she remembered until the day she returned to Konoha a few months ago.

She told him where she went, how many people she met and what she learned on her way. Hana also told him about her Sharingan and that she was hiding it with black contact lenses since she wasn't ready to deactivate it and rather be on watch every hour of the day. - even when she was sleeping.

Hanako felt relieved. Talking so openly and freely to someone was, until now, only possible with Jiraiya, Tsunade and Genma.

Sasuke did the same. He told her he was working for Orochimaru for a while before Sasuke realised he couldn't reach his goals alone and had to come back and become stronger with the help of his friends- and his Sensei, Kakashi Hatake.

He told Hanako about Sakura. He admitted that he thought that he was falling in love with her. He said he wasn't sure- but whenever Sakura was around, his heart felt light, and he unconsciously had to smile.

Hanako chuckled slightly and remembered her conversation with Kakashi about love. She didn't have the heart to tell her brother how useless and painful love was. Seeing him happy was everything she wanted for him. Maybe it worked for him. Maybe Sakura was the girl who made her brother the happiest man on the planet. - Hana desperately hoped so.

After sharing their stories, Hanako pulled the mask back over her face, so the two could head out and meet the others.

Walking down the dark streets of Konoha was peaceful. Outside they didn't talk much. Everything there was to talk about has already been said. Hanako felt a comfortable silence between them, and she enjoyed how the warm summer air blew through her hair.

They could hear soft music and people chatting while passing restaurants and bars. It was the first time in years that Hanako felt so light.

So free, so relieved.

Entering Konoha's best-visited Ramen place, they already saw their Team sitting around the counter and eating some Ramen.

Sakura's light pink hair shone brightly, and her eyes lit up like stars when she noticed Sasuke's arrival. Naruto desperately clung to Kakashi's arm, begging him for another bowl. On the other hand, Kakashi had his chin propped up on his palm and talked to the person next to him.

The person next to him.

Hanako's eyes widened, and she wrapped her hand around Sasuke's forearm. "Jiraiya!" she gasped.

All four of them turned around to the siblings and smiled. Jiraiya grinned widely and got up from his seat next to Kakashi.

"Hanako. I knew if I stick around with your team, you'll come to find me," he said and opened his arms.