~ Chapter 17 ~ {slight 🍋}

June 20th, 02:00 am

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

June 20th, 02:00 am

Hanako

Hanako woke up to slight whimpering and something shifting next to her. Since Kakashi and her shared a mattress, she could feel his every movement and right now, he was trembling.

She rubbed her eyes and turned on the little night lamp on her nightstand but quickly turned it off again as she heard Naruto shifting and mumbling in his bed.

"Please.. no.." Kakashi mumbled and turned on his back.

Hana's eyes widened a little, and she quickly removed the pillows she had put between the two Jonin and scooted close to him. His body was covered in a cold sweat, and the slight moonlight allowed her to see how his hair stuck around his head. His eyes were tightly shut, his eyebrows were furrowed, and his expression was pure terror.

Hana slowly leaned her back against the headrest, carefully pulled Kakashi onto her chest and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Shh.. Kakashi.. it's just a dream.."

He unconsciously wrapped his arm tightly around Hanako's waist and grabbed her shirt. "Y-you.. can't..- alone.."

Hana furrowed her eyebrows in sadness. She didn't know if it was okay to cross this line and pull her Sensei against her chest so he could hear her calming heartbeat, but right now, Hana couldn't care less. She needed to wake him up and wanted to be there for him- just like he had been there for her when she had a nightmare.

Kakashi's vulnerable state almost ripped Hana's heart out of her chest, and she carefully cupped his cheek and kept whispering, "Kakashi Sensei. It's Hana.. you're dreaming.."

A second later, his eyes shot open, and he wanted to sit up, but Hana wrapped her arms around him tighter to keep him in place. "It's okay.. you're safe with me.."

He was breathing heavily, still grabbed onto her shirt for dear life and pressed his eyes shut again. Kakashi shivered, and goosebumps covered his upper body, so Hana gently brushed his hair out of his face and wrapped the blanket around him tighter so only his face was uncovered.

"H-Hana.."

Hana smiled slightly and gently massaged his scalp with her nails. "Only a dream.."

He visibly relaxed and loosened his grip on her shirt but didn't move away. He took a deep breath and whispered, "I'm sorry I woke you up."

"Shh.." she hurried down a little and pulled his face into the crook of her neck to wrap her arms tighter around him. "I'm here.. try to fall asleep again. I'll wait until you're sleeping."

He let out a deep breath and nuzzled closer against her neck. "Thank you, Kireina.."

Hanako's eyes immediately widened from the nickname she usually only heard from Sukea, but she quickly tried to push the butterflies that swarmed her stomach away.