Prologue

Hello to everyone being here for a year & the loves that are new!I basically changed this story 4 times already and GOD

I basically changed this story 4 times already and GOD. I'm sure there will be 20 times until I am finally satisfied.

But as most of y'all know, Hanashi is everything to me♥️

Thank you ladymoo20 for being the big sister I never had- you're my everything ♥️ thank you for helping me with the translation from German to English! This is SO helpful.

This book is for you. ♥️

♥️♥️♥️

10 years ago

Hanako, 12 years old

A film of sweat covers my bare arms and legs. My chest is so tight, and the air around me is so thick that my lungs can't absorb it. My heartbeat speeds up. I'm about to suffocate. Slowly and painfully.

I snap to my feet and frantically suck in the now feather-light air as if I can't get enough of it. My fingers automatically clench the much too heavy blanket lying on my legs and pull it away from me before it lands with a thump on the light blue linoleum floor. The cool air that streams in through an open window gives goosebumps to my skin.

I'm only slowly realising that the surroundings are strange to me. It smells strongly of disinfectant, and a soft beeping reaches my ears.
I slide my legs over the edge of the bed and lean towards the small bedside table, opening the top drawer and realising with relief that my clothes are washed and folded inside. When I want to reach for it, a sharp pain chases through my body, and a layer of ice-cold sweat settles on my already soaked, sweaty body.

What the hell happened?

I'm wearing nothing but white pants that stop mid-thigh. My torso is fully bandaged, and access tubes attached to my right arm have a cold, clear fluid channelling through them. Panic spreads inside me, and I involuntarily reach for the cables. I take a deep breath before I yank at them, blood spurting from the tiny wound. Very slowly. In thick, small drops that immediately spread on the white bed sheet.

I shouldn't sit here and watch the life drain from my body. With a soft sigh, I squeeze my hand into the crook of my arm to stop the bleeding.

Itachi.

Images flash before my eyes of screaming, crying people from our district. The houses are burning, and the smell of fire fills my nostrils. I see people dying, see my mother buried under a falling beam, and yet I feel nothing but the comforting warmth of that fire.

Its smell. Like a campfire– the soothing crackle of flames and the bright moonlight. My lips involuntarily curl up into a satisfied smile.

A loud noise, as if someone had dropped something heavy, snaps me out of my trance. The tiny flame I have unconsciously formed in my palm reminds me of the cold reality. I killed them all.

I clench my teeth with all my might to suppress the stabbing pain in my upper body that shoots through my body with every movement. I hastily grab my neatly folded clothes–black leggings, a dark blue long-sleeved shirt with the Uchiha Clan symbol on the back and both sleeves–and put them on as fast as I can.

Just before I manage to climb out the window, I notice a thin folder on the windowsill. I immediately recognise that it is my medical file and pull out the first document.

 I immediately recognise that it is my medical file and pull out the first document

The Third Hokage signed this?

I unconsciously place a hand on my right cheek as I skim the lines over and over again. Nausea gathers in my stomach as I gently slide my hand down my torso.

I stifle a soft sob and slide the thin folder under the elastic band of my leggings. Gathering all my strength again, I push myself out of the window and jump onto the canopy directly beneath my feet. The streets of Konohagakure are empty - which is no surprise. The moon shines bright and round over my head, and a warm summer breeze blows through my long, dark brown hair.

My innate ability to sense the chakra of those around me makes it easier for me to escape from this village. Before anyone can notice me, I've already felt them, and I can move far enough away that no one sees me.

With every meter I walk, further and further away from Konohagakure, my thoughts drift to my family. To my brothers.

To Sasuke.

The doctors must have made a mistake. Sasuke's small body lay motionless in an ever-widening puddle of blood at my feet.

After what feels like hours, I stop running for the first time and climb a tall tree to lean against the trunk and rest. My ribs and face burn like fire. The rational voice in my head is screaming that I need to turn around and check on Sasuke. But the irrational, much louder voice in my head is forcing me to leave.

Goosebumps of the unpleasant kind lay on my arms and legs. My chest feels tight, too tight for normal breathing. The weight of my guilt crushes me, yet I can't ignore that it's my fault. Tears begin to fill my already burning eyes. The salty liquid inexplicably feels like acid. I squeeze my eyelids together until they no longer sting and lull myself into a peaceful sleep.

Images of me appear before my eyes again. Blood sticks to my skinny body from the tips of my hair down to my legs. I reach out to the dirty mirror in front of me and swipe back and forth until two deep red dots stare at me. I let out a sharp scream and stagger back against the wooden dresser in the dimly lit room.

A young woman with auburn hair and golden brown eyes suddenly kneels in front of me. She is beautiful- endlessly beautiful as her long hair falls in gentle waves over her shoulders. The yellow skirt she wears contrasts starkly with her tanned skin, which glows like the sun even in the dark. Her lips move tentatively at first and then more and more clearly.

She wants to tell me something.

Wake up.
Awake. On!
Wake up, Hanako!

I widen my eyes with such intensity that I lose my balance and fall off the high branch. My tiredness wears off too slowly for my body to realise what is happening, and I land face-first in a dirty puddle. I groan in pain. The right side of my body hurts so badly and intensely like a million ants are eating my flesh.

With difficulty, I manage to support myself with my arms and look at my reflection in the puddle.
Two red dots are staring at me.

I wince, and the brutal reality that my dream wasn't a dream but a memory hits me like a bomb.

I killed my clan and awakened my sharingan.

♥️♥️♥️