Chapter 42

The hospital?

Once George, Dream, and Sapnap pulled into the parking lot Dream was the first one out

Dream quickly got out, opened George's door, and helped him out of the car. George sighed.

I can walk idiot....
George couldn't help but internally smile. 

"Hi, how can I help you?" The woman behind the counter asked.

"Hi. My friend is having trouble speaking. We don't know why. Um...can we like..run tests or something..?" Dream asked, obviously guessing as he went on with his sentence. The woman shotDream a very confused face then looked back at George then at Sapnap. 

"Well, I can get one of our doctors to help you out. Although it will be up to them to see if tests need to be ran." She explained. The reached over and took out a clipboard with a paper attached toit. She then handed it to Dream. "Fill this out and when you're done you will be able to seesomeone." She smiled. Dream nodded and took the clipboard. He then gently grabbed George'swrist and took him to the waiting area. Sapnap quickly followed behind. As soon as they sat downSapnap started with the questions.

"Wait so what's going on?" Sapnap asked.

"George can't talk." Dream simply said, beginning to fill out the form.

"Yes he can he just doesn't want to." Sapnap groaned. George glared at him. 

We wouldn't be here if that's the case SAPNAP...

"That's not it Sapnap." Dream mumbled still completely focused on the form. 

"Well then what is it? You know going to the hospital isn't free. And we're going here becauseGeorge went back to not talking?" Sapnap kinda chuckled. Dream slammed his pen down on theclipboard making a big smacking sound that boomed through the room. Everyone's eyes fell ontothe three.

"Sapnap. Shut. Up." Dream growled. Sapnap tensed up and looked away. Dream sighed and wentback to writing on the form. George looked around to see everyone awkwardly looking around andtrying to go back to the way they were. Then George looked at Sapnap. Sapnap was staring blanklyat the floor, obviously hurt. George sighed and glared at Dream, not that Dream noticed as he wastoo focused on the form. George rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to Sapnap. Slowly,George placed a hand on Sapnaps back and began rubbing and patting his back gently. Sapnapquickly looked over at George, it took him a second to register what was happening but once he didhe smiled and leaned into George's touch. George smiled and reached into his pocket to grab hisphone. He began to type. 

{Sorry Sapnap, Dream is a little worked up, he didn't mean to yell at u :)}
The message read. 

Sapnap smiled and read the message. He too began typing. 

{Thank u George I'm sorry u can't talk :(}

George smiled and typed a message back. 

{It's okay I'll be fine}

The two smiled and continued to communicate with each other through the phone. Dream heard afew giggles from Sapnap and glanced over to see what was happening. George was typing on thephone and Sapnap was eagerly watching. After a second George handed Sapnap the phone, Sapnaplooked at it for a second then giggled and began typing.

"What are you two doing?" Dream asked, unintentionally letting some frustration seep into hisvoice. Sapnap and George quickly looked over at him, their smiles fading.

"Nothing we're just messing around on the phone. We'll be quieter..." Sapnap mumbled, passingthe phone back to George. George furrowed his eyebrows at Dream and shook his head a bit thenlooked back at Sapnap and began typing. Dream frowned a bit, he didn't mean to snap. He sighedand looked back down at the form. A small smile grew on his face as he heard Sapnap begin togiggle a little more.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Alright. George?" A nurse smiled, walking into the waiting room. 

"Finally.." Dream muttered standing up. "Come on guys." He instructed. Sapnap and Georgenodded and stood up. They then followed the nurse into another room. She instructed George to siton the hospital bed, which was awkward because he wasn't hooked up to anything or somethinglike that he was just sitting there. George sighed and looked around the room. And then his mindbegan to wonder.

Looks like a children's room. 

How did Dream fill out the form all by himself without my help? 

Did he write in his information or mine? 

When is the doctor coming? 

How long has it been? 

What exactly is wrong with me...? 

"Good afternoon folks. I'm Dr. Jones." A man smiled as we slipped into the room. 

"Hello." Dream greeted, he gave the doctor a very brief fake smile. 

"Alright so I've been told your friend..can't talk?" The doctor slowly asked. 

"Yes. He was trying earlier but he...couldn't..?" Dream said in a question tone, looking over atGeorge. George nodded and looked at the doctor.

"If you don't mind I'd like to see what that looks like. Can you try to talk for me?" Dr. Jones kindlyasked. George nodded and opened his mouth, just as before only the faintest squeak came out,Sapnap giggled a bit. George looked over at Sapnap, smiled, and rolled his eyes while Dreamsmacked the back of his head. 

"Hm..interesting.." The doctor mumbled. "Are you in any type of pain? Specifically your chest orthroat area?" He asked. George shook his head. The doctor furrowed his eyebrows but nodded. "I'dlike to run a few tests." He announced. "Follow me." He smiled. George nodded and got up fromthe bed. The doctor then glanced over at Dream and Sapnap. "This will just be him. You two canwait in here or go home and pick him up later when I've come up with what's the matter."

"We'll stay." Dream quickly said. The doctor smiled and nodded.

"Here." He chuckled. He walked over to the side of the bed and opened a drawer from the littletable next to the bed. He pulled out a remote and pointed it to the small tv mounted on the wall. Hepressed a button and turned it on then passed the remote to Dream.

"Oh god thank you." Sapnap groaned. The doctor laughed and nodded

"Come on." He instructed. George nervously nodded and followed him out the room. He smiled tohimself a bit as he could hear Dream and Sapnap begin to argue over the tv as they left.

Words 1047