Chapter 38

He failed miserably....

"I'm sorry George. I didn't mean to I- I didn't mean to I'm- George I-" Dream spat out, stuttering on his words and hiccuping as tears began to stream down his face. George quickly pulled Dream into a tight warm hug as he spat out apologies.

"Dream. Dream calm down." George softly instructed. After a moment Dream stopped talking and was now just crying into George's shoulder. Eventually, George slowly leaned down, bringing him and Dream to the floor. George held Dream closely and protectively into his chest as he rubbedDream's back comfortably. Dream continued to sob into George's chest, causing parts of George's shirt to become soaked with tears. George began to rock back and forth and began to hum a random tune comfortingly, still rubbing Dream's back, hushing him softly in between hums as if he was a child who had just had a bad dream

It didn't take long for Dream to finally calm down, only sniffling now and then. After a while of silence and occasional sniffling from Dream, George deemed it okay to ask about what happened.

 "Dream.." he slowly and softly whispered, still keeping that same comforting humming voice. Dream took a second but finally spoke.

"..Yes..." He whispered, his voice cracked a bit.

"What happened?" George asked, he continued to rock back and forth and held Dream closer as Dream began to get worked up again, Dream quickly calmed down.

 "I'm sorry...." he whispered, barely audible.

"Why?" George slowly asked.

 "I hurt you..." Dream mumbled. He began to grow worked up again. That was the first time he said out loud. He now admitted it to the world. He. Hurt. George.

George froze. 

How was he to respond to that? 

"Dream..." George whispered.

"I hurt you, George, I hurt you." Dream cried. He couldn't stop saying it. It sounded so much worse when he said it out loud. "I hurt you. I hurt you. I hurt you!" Dream cried.

 "Dream. Dream calm down please." George whispered, rocking Dream back and forth once again. 

"Why are you comforting me? I hurt you." Dream asked, despite this he didn't pull away, he buried his head deeper into George's chest.

"Dream you didn't hurt me." George mumbled.

Or at least not on purpose. 

"I did." Dream insisted. 

"No Dream you didn't. It's okay." George sweetly smiled, looking down at Dream. Dream smiled but his smile faded after a moment. He pressed his lips into a tight line. 

He knew George was lying.

Carefully, Dream snaked his hand up George's chest. George smiled, oblivious to what Dream was doing. Finally, Dream made it to George's collarbone. Slowly, he slid his hand to the left a bit. Quickly, he pulled George's shirt aside a bit to reveal a dark red spot on George's shoulder. A bruise waiting to form. Dream's eyes widened as well as George's.

"Dream.." George whispered. Dream stared in horror at the damage he had done. "Dream." George said more firmly. Dream quickly looked back at George. George stared at him, his comforting expression had now been replaced with a firm professional expression.

"Y-yes...?" Dream asked, rather sheepishly. 

"It was an accident. It doesn't hurt as bad as it looks. I promise you. Do not beat yourself up over this." George explained, not once abandoning his firm expression and voice. 

"But-" Dream started, but he was quickly cut off by George. 

"Dream you didn't do it on purpose. You didn't mean it." George said. "As long as you didn't mean it." George smiled, finally leaving his firm voice and expression behind.

"I didn't George. I swear I didn't. I didn't mean it. I didn't I didn't I didn't!" Dream quickly explained. George smiled and laughed.

 "I know Dream. I know you didn't mean it." He smiled. Dream smiled and quickly nodded, he then put his head back down into George's chest. He safely buried his head into George's chest, breathing in the comforting scent of his lover. Dream took a deep breath and smiled. After a second George slowly leaned down and planted a long, soft kiss on the top of Dream's head. Dream smiled. He lifted his head to look up at George who was looking away from him, embarrassed. Dream smiled and tilted his head a bit. He planted a small kiss on George's neck. He trailed up planting a small kiss up George's neck stopping at his cheek. 

"George." Dream smiled. George sighed and looked over at Dream, their faces just inches apart. Dream leaned in until their lips were barely touching. George leaned in the rest of the way, though rather slowly, connecting their lips. After a while, they pulled away. Instinctively, George pulledDream closer and tightened his grip on him. Dream smiled at the comforting feeling and cuddled up with George. The two sat in silence for a while, enjoying each other's comforting presence and the warmness of one another's bodies. But after a moment they both decided to move to the bed. Once in the bed they laid down and cuddled up closely together just as they did on the floor, now under the warm soft covers. Finally...he felt ready to say it..

 "I love you."

Words 856

THIS IS NOT THE END

Sorry for this short short chapter, but I hope you guys like this ending for NOW. 

I've been busy with a lot of stuff, but I'll try and upload as soon as possible

Also did you drink water today? -------------------->