Chapter 12

How did he slip up? he's never done that before.

"Sapnap leave him alone." Dream groaned. Sapnap smiled and winked at George.

"come George let's go." Dream mumbled, grabbing George's hand and leading him out the house. Once they were outside and to the car Dream released George's hand and got into the car.

"Sorry George." Dream grumbled, starting the and pulling out of the driveway.

"I don't know why he does that." Dream slightly laughed to himself and began driving. George hummed and looked towards the road. George had talked so much today. Between talking to Dream, that awful girl and shouting for Dream's assistance... he didn't like it but when wanted to continue talking to Dream. He liked Dream's voice , the only time he heard it was when he was talking to someone else or talking to George briefly. A few words, he only said a few words every time he spoke with George.

George... Don't... GEOGRE... DON'T.... You have a ugly voice... But I want to Talk to him.. don't... I'm going to talk to him... I need to hear his voice... NO... YES!...
George argued with himself in his mind. He wanted to have a conversation with Dream. Even if it meant hearing more of his own voice.

NO!!.... I can't.... Yes... I'm doing it...
George sighed and opened his mouth.

"Sapnap is annoying." He simply mumbled. Not looking Dream's direction at all. George ciuld feel Dream's eyes glued to him.

Say something Dream... Please...
George silently pleaded.

"Yeah.. yeah he is.." Dream laughed, calming down from his shock. Tat was a full sentence. From George. Of course it sent Dream into a small shock. He heard his friends voice a lot today. He loved it. Once again he wondered,

How far can I push this?... I don't wanna hurt him... Maybe a simple question?... Yes that will do..
Dream couldn't help but think of that.

"I love him tough. Don't you?" Dream smiled.

He knew that whenever George was asked a question he'd have to explain over text. It was never a yes or no question for him. But now George couldn't just show the phone because Dream is driving. George hesitated. He wanted to keep up the conversation with Dream going. 

You can just nod..  He will understand.. But I want to keep talking.. I Wanna talk?.. No I don't wanna talk.. Just want to hear his soft voice... It's  so beautiful.. Just all of him.. WHAT?!... GEOGRE!... Don't think that... That's your bestfriend..
George had no choice. Then to talk to Dream.

"Yes but to a certain point..." George mumbled. He cringed at his voice. 

STOP... Stop talking.. Please I want to stop.. But I want to talk.. to Dream..
George mind was going crazy!!

Dream couldn't stop smiling. He was too happy.

Reel him back in!
Dream encouraged himself.

"George?" Dream smiled. George looked to him and hummed. 

"What do you want from the store?" Dream asked. George stayed quiet.

Dream knows what he wants... Right?... Did I forget to type it?...
George RESPOND...
GEORGE!!...
George was ones again lost in is thoughts.

"Ice cream and popcorn.." George mumbled.

"What was that?" Dream sang. George scoffed and looked over at Dream. He saw Dream smiling while continuing to look at the road in front of him.

Should I say it again?... Yes... Maybe he didn't hear me.. It's better now.. He isn't looking..

"Ice cream and popcorn." George slightly laughed. Dream laughed and nodded, finally pulling into the parking lot.

"Come on Georgie. Let's go." Dream smiled, stepping out of the car. George scoffed at the nickname and got out.

"what don't you like the nickname?" Dream laughed. George shook his head quickly .

Don't push him.. But I want more out of him... 
Dream laughed. 

"Oh you do like the nickname? Okay I will call you that all the time." Dream smiled at George. George rolled his eyes. He knew what Dream was doing now. But alas he wanted tpo hear Dream's voice.

"The nickname is stupid. Just like you." George smiled back at him. Dream's smile grew even wider. He jogged ahead at opened the door for George. George just rolled his eyes and walked into the store.

"Ice cream is that way and popcorn is the other way. You get the ice cream you want and I will get the popcorn! What sort of popcorn do you want? Salty popcorn, sweet popcorn or butter popcorn?" Dream asked. George pointed 1 finger in the air. 

"So salty popcorn?" Dream asked again. George nodded.

You pushed him to far.. He not going to talk you.. He just used to nodding give him time.. NO, he just doesn't want to talk to me anymore.. I pushed to far...
Dream thought to himself.

Dream pointed in the direction of the ice cream. George nodded and headed towards the area Dream pointed him to. He skimmed the cold shelf's looking for the perfect ice cream that e'd been craving. He sighed. They didn't have his favorite brand. He continued to look over all the shelves. None of them looked appetizing. He continued to look then froze when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He quickly turned around to see Dream smiling down at him. He sighed and grabbed his chest.

"Did I scare you?" He wheezed. George sighed again and nodded.

"What is taking you so long?" Dream asked, not moving his hand from George's shoulder. George shrugged and looked back at the ice creams.

"George?" Dream asked.

He wants a reply.. George..
George told himself. Grabbing at his pocket to grab his phone.

Shit... No phone... I forgot it..

Now looking at Dream asking with his eyes if Dream has his phone with him. Dream just looked at him with a confused face.

Talk.. You have to... George talk!.... NOW!!..
George panicked.

"They don't have any good ice creams." George mumbled. Dream laughed and shook his head.

"There is another store 10 minutes from here. We will try that one." Dream smiled. He gripped George's shoulder a bit and led him to the self checkout area, scanning the box of  salt popcorn and paying for it. They then headed back out to the car and made their way over to the other store Dream talked about.

"George." Dream suddenly spoke up. George hummed in response.

"Why don't you talk often?" Dream asked. George whipped his head around to look at Dream, who was looking forward at the road. George thought for a minute. What was he supposed to say? Should he lie and tell his friend that he just didn't like talking much? Or should he tell his friend the truth. He chose to lie. Before he could say anything Dream pulled into the parking lot of the store and looked over at George. George froze. He couldn't lie. He wouldn't be able to. Not while looking his best friend in the eyes.

You don't have to tell me." Dream smiled with a sign. He turned a opened the door.

George say something... He looks sad... He so nice... He won't bully you for it... Say something... He's leaving... come on George... Come onnn.....
George was struggling. He really was. What if Dream... He couldn't think of anything Dream would do to upset him.

"I don't like my voice." George blurted out.

Words 1217