"Attention Boston University Academy, we are on lockdown. Please proceed with action immediately. This is not a drill, I repeat this is NOT a drill."

Karan and I look at each other while students worriedly file to the back of the room.

The lights shut down in a blink and I realize Karan is on the other side of the room, Aarshiya with me.

"Okay quiet everyone I don't know what is going on so please stay quiet", our male teacher says fixing his tie, nervous.

We stay in quietness for a few minutes and I feel Aarshiya's hand on mine. I look at her and she tells me to look at Karan.

When I do I see his eyes are closed, head leaning back to the wall and a hand on his stomach.

Crap.

I give an apologetic look to Aarshiya as I quickly run to the other side sitting next to Karan. Classmates stare at me and so does the teacher.

I settle down and lean my lips to his ear. "You okay?"

He nods.

It was his abdomen, where he got injured and I knew this sitting position hurt him.

"I think this lockdown is related", I say just as Karan says "This lockdown doesn't seem right."

He lifts his head up smirking at me.

Great minds think alike

Just as we said that my phone vibrates and I check it immediately.

Boss- Principal's Office.

Karan gets the same and that's when we realize.

The people that broke into BlackLight are here. At our school, with our peers.

"How do we head to the office?", Karan asks.

I bite my lip, thinking.

I could go up to him and say, "Hey Principal needs us."

Or I could hope and wait for the Principal's radio call.

If he even does.

I look up at Karan shaking my head as his eyes move to my lips which I was still slightly biting.
Not the time, Karan.

Our teacher's radio buzzes and he asks me to hand it to him, my eyes hopeful.

He listens to the muffle and raises his eyes at Karan and I.

"Are you sure?", our teachers ask as the classmates look to him.

He takes a deep breath and comes to us.

"Principal Warren needs you, I don't think it is a good idea to open the door though."

Karan jokingly says "Go through the vent?"

I make a face and turn to the teacher. "Its okay Mr, we will be fast."

The teacher looks at me like, "Why does he need two teenagers in a lockdown?"

So I answer for him as convincing as I can. "I know why he needs us we will be perfectly safe."
Soon he opens the door and we head out, classmates staring at us. I see Aarshiya looking at me with wide confusion and I give her a smile.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Karan and I tiptoe the hallways heading to the office. The adrenaline is high as these people are definitely in the building right now. Karan respectfully brings my hips towards him so we are close and we finally make it to the office.