|-39-|

~Too much~

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

KARAN POV

5:40 am

Warfare ends as morning breaks through slowly.

H.E.X.A agents help lift their wounded leader onto the stretcher as we get her medical help.

"How long has this been going on?", I ask the man.

"She's been taking medication for four years now, it got worse this year which I guess caused her to do all this."

I nod, feeling bad for her situation. I didn't want to deceive her and I felt horrible about it, but it was the only plan and our plan succeeded.

As the agency ambulance leaves, I lead everyone to the Pit one last time.

I stand on the stage, Himanshu, Aditya, and Tejasswi standing in one straight line across next to me.

"Everyone has been fighting non stop the past three days. It has ended, with BlackLight overcoming and keeping our money and research. All our stolen items and research plans must be given back effective immediately."

I take a deep breath and look to Tejasswi who speaks instead.

"We will be giving you H.E.X.A agents a choice since Karina was the last leader and there will be no agency anymore. Surrender and leave this profession or join us." 

Gasps come from both agencies in surprise.

Tejasswi speaks louder. "I know many of you didn't want to be violent or fight. You were only following orders. So, BlackLight has shown mercy. Either join us if you still want to be an agent, or resign from being an agent completely."

"For the agents who will resign will come to me to sign a contract", Aditya speaks.
"And the agents who want to be inducted into BlackLight will sign with me", Himanshu follows.

We gave the agents an hour, as we watched the sun peek through the glass windows.
30% of H.E.X.A retired, mostly older agents and we safely escorted them out as we helped the 70% who wanted to join.

We planned a trial for two weeks later, giving us time to rebuild BlackLight.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

7:30 am

We let each agent go, and 7:30 comes by quickly.

The five of us sink into the floor.

"We did it. We did it guys", Himanshu speaks.

"8 months. Almost 8 months on this mission", Tejasswi huffs.

"5 months of partnering up together", Aditya laughs.

I look up at the high ceilings of BlackLight. "We have a lot of work to do the next month. The destruction the bombs caused will be a little more costly than we thought."

"Well do it, the mission is done.", Tejasswi reassures me.

I sit back in ease.

The mission is done.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••