|-7-|

~Our Little Shenanigan~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When the song ends I let go of his shoulders laughing at his disfunction.

"Told you I can't dance", there was a small smile that lighted up his face.

"Yeah you're glad your life doesn't depend on it otherwise your done." I look at him laughing.

We hear heavy footsteps out on the balcony and hear rustling. Karan and I both snap our heads to the bushes in the far right of the balancing. A shadow starts running out into the streets and we follow running behind.

The figure knows we are after him and starts running faster.

Who is he?

Is he the breaker and enterer?

Our mission?

I run as fast as Karan in my gold stilettos and chase him down 7 flights of stairs and into the sidewalks of the city.

Thank God Blacklight forces us to train in high heels.

Whoever this guys is , he is too agile and fluid, and passes through every street curve with ease.
But we can tell he is nervous and uptight.

When he stumbles on something and slows his pace Karan and I whip out our guns at the same time aiming at the running figure ready for anything. When we reach a dead end the running stops and we stop.

I look around and see no one, like as if this was a dream and no one just busted out of a ballroom running in full speed. The only sound is the heavy breaths of Karan and I.
Whoever that guy was barely got away.

And he won't get away next time.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

4 days after the dance
Headquarters

I'm currently in the Boss's office discussing my mission.

Our mission.

Even Boss is confused on why we haven't had a lead so far. Karan and I are the youngest people to make it to the top and yet some high school junkie is messing this up.

"So you say you caught someone running out of the high school?", Boss asks looking down at a sheet of paper.

"Yes, he just appeared at the balcony out of no where and started to make a run for it", I said.
Karan added right after me. "And then he just disappeared."
"Just like that?"
"Just like that."

Boss sighed gathering papers together in this hands.
"All right we will figure this out later. You two are dismissed."

Karan and I head out the door talking about what we are gonna do to catch this person.

Have I forgotten to mention things have been distant since we kissed?

I'm constantly wondering what that kiss meant.

"All right", Karan states. " I gotta go I'll see yo-"
"Hey?"
"Yeah?"
"Are we not gonna talk about what happened?", I say.
"What happened?"
Is he really oblivious or just doesn't know?
"You kissed me. At the party."
"Yeah and?", he states grabbing his black bag and and jacket.
"And? Karan what does that even supposed to mean?"
He sighs. "Look Tejasswi, it was just a kiss. I got caught up and I kissed you. It doesn't really mean anything."