execution

Espios pov

I was being led up a stairway to my death. My sight and sound was blocked by the bag that was placed over my head. I hated feeling so helpless but I gave my word that I wouldn't struggle as long as they spared knuckles life and my honour is all I have left.

Once I reached the top I was placed on my knees and the bag was ripped off my head, revealing a man brandishing a knife. I swallowed nervously. This isn't going to be pretty.

He raised the knife above my head and prepared to strike when-

"Get your hands off my man!" I turned back to see none other than knuckles.

"bikkuri-shita" I gasped. He's here. I felt both relief, fear and joy all at once.

"You" lady shita growled "no no this is a good thing. This way I can kill two birds with one stone" she picked up the knife and charged at him.

"Knuckles" I yelled out in fear but before she could even reach him-

*Crash*

The wall burst open, taken down by the sheer force of the people knocking it down. The whole thing was a bloodbath with knuckles side destroying the other. It was a cruel irony. Watching the people who had controlled me for so long getting defeated so easily.

"Espio!" Knuckles scooped me up in his arms "are you ok? Are you hurt!"

"I'm fine" I wrapped my arms around him tearfully "now that you're here everything's alright"

"I'm not leaving your side" he scooped me up bridal style "now I think it's about time we went home"