What Are These Feelings

Knuckles pov

"Espios" I searched around for the young camillion. He left about five minutes ago and I was getting worried. I mean those guys are after his head and it's all my fault. Every minute he's alone he's in danger.

"Espio!" I found him bent over picking some mushrooms.

"Knuckles-sama" he looked up in shock.

I ran up and ingulfed him in a hug "thank god you're ok. I thought-"

"You thought I couldn't handle myself" he pushed me away with an unamused look on his face.

"No I know you can handle yourself" I scratched the back of my neck nervously.

"Really? Cause it sure doesn't feel like it" he folded his arms with a glare. Oh crap he's upset. I should try to defuse the situation.

"I'm just worried about you that's all. You can't blame me for that"

He sighed as he bent down to pick up the mushrooms "knuckles-sama this isn't going to work if you insist on following me around. I need my own space"

"I understand that really I do"  I took a deep breath "but I promised to protect you and I will. It's my fault that you've got caught up in all this anyway"

"Knuckles" he walked over and cupped my cheek "you mustn't feel responsible for what happened. I made that choice because you gave me that strength and it was the best decision I've ever made" he smiled softly before walking away.

I felt my breath catch in my throat. What is this boy doing to me?