asking him out

Knuckles pov

"Come on knuckles" sonic pushed me forward "it's now or never. You have to ask him out before you enter the friend zone!"

"Alright alright just stop pushing me!" I shoved him away. He put up his hands in mock surrender before flashing me a thumbs up as I approached espio.

I took a deep breath before tapping him on the shoulder. He turned back to me with a kind smile.

"Can I help you knuckles-sama?" He asked.

"Yeah I wanted to ask you something" I scratched the back of my head nervously.

He nodded as if to say continue. I swallowed.

"Well I was wondering if you would like to go out with me sometime?"

"Of course!" He said excitedly.

"Really?" I said, shocked that he responded so quickly.

"Of course. I love spending time with you" he said sweetly.

"Uh no I'm asking you on a date" I said nervously.

"bikkuri-shita" he muttered as a small blush appeared on his face.

"Is that a good sound?" I asked nervously.

"Yes I was just surprised. I would love to go on a date with you" he smiled bashfully.

"He said yes!" I pulled him into a hug. He let out a surprise yelp before hugging me back. I turned to sonic who was cheering behind me. I felt my face stretched into a smile. I've never felt so happy before then when I'm with this boy.

Now I just have to make this date perfect...