Damn ninja!

Knuckles pov

I paced around in frustration as a million thoughts rushed through my head.

"Damnit who was that guy" I muttered to myself "and also why was he trying to kill me!? For one angel island is hidden from the world. An outsider like him shouldn't have been able to find it. And that said outsider shouldn't have had any beef with me. I never leave the damn place!"

My thoughts stopped at the sight of the kunai he threw at me. I bent down and inspected it. On the handle in fancy writing was the words ninja-ware

"Of course. Damn ninjas" I muttered in annoyance. Well that clears up one mystery. He's been hired by someone to kill me. Guess I can't quite hold it against him then. The one I should be angry at is the creep who wants me dead!

"Now I'm just wondering what he's been hired for"

Espios pov

"How annoying" I grumbled as I caught my breath in a nearby tree. Seems the target was stronger than I first anticipated but I haven't missed a mark yet and I don't intend to start now.

"I'm guessing that emerald is what our client wanted him dead for" I muttered to myself "he did mention getting untold riches from our client's death. Our client's are truly irradeemable but I'm not here to judge, just to get the job done"

I looked over at the baffled looking echidna. I hit a small bump in the road but no matter, it just means I have to switch up my game plan...