Confused Feelings

Knuckles pov

The fall downwards was short but the impact was painful. Most of the pain was numb by me landing on the boy.

I sat up. Our faces were mere inches apart. I felt my cheeks burn. I haven't been around many people but I'm pretty sure this is inappropriate.

"Sorry" I muttered as I slowly sat up.

"Sorry?" He stared at me in disbelief "is that all you have to say"

"What more do you want me to say?" I folded my arms.

"You should want me dead" he said firmly "I had come at you to take your life on more than one occasion. You have me on the ground and vulnerable. You should take this chance to kill me"

"Hmm" I studied the boy in interest. He has such an honourable heart. It's rare to meet someone like that "nah"

"What do you mean nah!" He stood up angrily "do you see me as too pathetic to kill? Cause I'll have you know I'll-"

"Relax" I took him by the shoulders "I'm not looking down on you. Quite the opposite actually. I admire you and your strong will. I think it would be a waste to kill someone like that" I stood up and turned away from him "I'm going back to my emerald. I don't know how much they're paying you but I suggest you give up" I was about to give up when-

"You're truly honourable" he took my hand in his, his eyes lighting up like fairy lights "you've spared my life so I am in your debt"

"That's not necessary-"

"Nonsense" he smiled brightly "come let us walk together"

And so I ended up with a reluctant house guest!