visiting the hedgehogs

Knuckles pov

I knocked nervously on Sonic's door. Tails had informed me where the hedgehog lived and I was in need of some advice. I need to understand these feelings and sonic seems to have a better understanding of people than I do.

The door swung open but instead of sonic there stood a black and red hedgehog with an unamused look on his face.

"Can I help you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Umm yes I'm here to see sonic, does he live here?" I asked.

"He's my boyfriend so I'd hope so" he folded his arms with a stern look "what do you want with him?"

"I'm a friend of his" I explained "I'm here to ask for advice about another friend of mine. I haven't known him long but I can tell he's good with people"

"Well you're right about that" he smiled fondly to himself "he's not here right now but you can come inside while you wait for him"

"Oh thank you" I nodded as I headed inside. I took a seat on their comfortable couch while the black hedgehog poured me a drink.

"Sorry about the interrogation" he handed me a drink "My boyfriend is a reckless idiot so I'm rather protective"

"I understand. I have someone I'm protective of too" I smiled at the thought of espio.

"I'm guessing that's the friend you want to talk about" he smiled knowingly "he'll help you. He's not the smartest but he always helps people in the end"

"Yeah I got that feeling from him" I muttered.

Our conversation was cut short by the door opening revealing sonic.

"Hi baby!" Sonic jumped into his arms "oh knuckles your here. Shadow you didn't tell me we had guests"

"He just got here" he shrugged "he came to get some advice"

"I see" he ran up and grabbed my arms "tell me everything"