intruders

Espios pov

I stood watch over the emerald. After much pestering I finally got knuckles-sama to take a break. He looked like he really needed one and I'm not the type of man to leave a comrade in need. Besides what's the chances something happens while I'm on guard-

"Wow what a cool island"

My ears perked up at the sound of new voices.

"It's a scientific miracle. I wonder what capabilities go into making it float"

I heard the voices getting closer. Not good. I got into a fighting stance. Once the figures appeared I pinned the intruder down and was about to deliver the final blow when-

"Stop" knuckles pulled me away "take it easy would ya, you little killing machine!"

"Sonic are you alright" the two tailed fox ran to his side worriedly.

"I'm fine bud" he gave him a thumbs up.

"I was doing as you asked" I felt confused "you said if an intruder came I should attach them"

"Yeah attach them not kill them" knuckles shook his head "seriously espio we gotta work on your murderous intent"

"Gomen" I looked away. I hated disappointing him. He patted my shoulder

"Don't worry about it. Just be careful for next time" he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Thanks for the assist bud-" the intruder was cut off by knuckles pinning him to the ground.

"Don't think you're getting off easy punk" he growled "what were you doing near my emerald!?"

"What emerald?" He tilted his head upward "oh that emerald. I wasn't trying to steal it, I was just exploring the island. It's really cool!"

"It is a beautiful island" I could see knuckles aggression sway slightly.

"Are you sure we should trust these outsiders" I pressed on "they could easily be lying to you"

"You've got a point" knuckles nodded as he applied pressure on the outsiders arm.

"Ow ow ow I'm not lying!" The outsider winced "I'm totally trustworthy. In fact let me take you to our world. You two don't seem like you get out very often"

"That sounds fun. Perhaps we should take them up on their offer" I muttered. In truth I just wanted knuckles to see the world instead of being stuck on an island his whole life.

"And leave the master emerald? Are you crazy!" Knuckles exclaimed.

"It will only be for a short time"

"A short time is all it takes for the emerald to-"

"Please knuckles-sama" I took his hand and give him a pleading look.

He sighed "alright but only for a few minutes"

"Alright" the blue intruder cheered "hey tails can the tornado handle four people"

"Well it'll be pushing it but it should be fine" the fox muttered.

"Alright then let's go!" He took our hands and ran...