rescue mission

Knuckles pov

I paced back and forth anxiously. My boyfriends been executed and they could be putting him through anything but I can't do anything until help arrives. Just where are they-

"He should be in an underground base in the east" shadow appeared behind me.

"And you're sure of this?" I leaned forward intensely.

"My intels very trustworthy" he gestered to the bat sitting on the window still.

"Don't you worry honey. I'll find you your little boy toy" she winked at me.

"He's not my boy toy!" I growled "hey isn't that the girl who tried to steal my emerald!"

"You want to save him don't you. That's going to mean working with people you don't like" shadow said sternly.

I sighed. I know he's right. I turned to the bat girl "if you can find my espio then we can forget all about the whole diamond fiasco"

"Sounds like a deal sweetheart" she winked at me before taking flights.

"I'm right here buddy" sonic appeared behind me.

"It's about time!" I turned to him angrily "I called you an hour ago! You're damn boyfriend got here before you!"

"Sorry about that" he scratched the back of his neck bashfully "I was just gathering up some help"

"What help-" before I could finish he opened the door, revealing several people standing there. A purple cat, a silver heagehog, three birds on hoverboards, tails, a rabbit, a giant cat, a crocodile, a bee and a freaking robot"

"Holy crap" I muttered.

"It pays to be popular" he nudged me playfully before walking off. I smiled softly.

It's good to have friends.