Southern comfort

We are at some rib shack, Sam and I come out and we say" heads up." Dean was on his phone and he grabbed the drink, Dean said" I caught wind of a case on this police scanner. sounds like our kind of thing." Sam and I said" we weren't even gone 10 minutes." Dean said" okay. that matters why?" Sam said" I don't know, Dean. how about you haven't said a word to us since Prentiss Island? And now, what? You want us to shut up and ride and act like nothing happened?" Dean said" you want to talk about Benny? Fine. lets talk." Sam said" okay. how about he's a vampire?" Dean said" he's also the reason I'm topside and not roasting on a spit in purgatory. anything else?" Sam said" don't pretend I don't get it. I know you had to do what you had to down there." Dean said" I highly doubt you get anything about purgatory." Sam said" but you're out now, and Benny's still breathing. why?" Dean said" he's my friend, Sam." they always argue, I still hope sam won't ask about what we talked about. I mean I trust them but it's just hard for me to say the things on my mind, a lot of times. I got in while they talk.
We pull up to our case and Dean said" so, guys old lady comes home while he's working underneath his ride, puts the pedal to the metal, and takes half his head off." Sam and I say" what, that's it?" Dean said" yeah, in a nutshell. she says she blacked out, doesn't remember a thing." Sam said" well, sounds like insanity." Dean said" maybe." Sam said" so, how does that make this our kind of thing?" Dean said" because, Sam, Kevin's in wind, okay, you're sulking around like a eunuch in a wear house, Bella is slowly sinking into a shell, and I can't help but ask myself, when is decapitation not my thing?" Then he gets out, We follow him getting our FBI ID's out. once we reached the tape, a police officer said" whoa, whoa.." we show him our badges, then he said" FBI?" Sam said" yeah, happened to be in the neighborhood." the guy said" first a Texas ranger, now you guys?" Dean said" Texas ranger?" He said" yes, sir. right over there." he turned so we could see the Texas ranger guy, I knew who it was right off, it took Sam and Dean a minute, Dean said" oh, you got to be kidding me." we walked up to him and Dean said" hey, chuck Norris." Garth turned around, saying" Sam? Dean! Bella?" I slightly shook my head at the idiot 3 of my life. He hugged Sam, sam said" forgot he was a hugger." he let go of Sam and came towards me, but I gave him that look which says you do that I kill you. he moved up Dean saying" come here!" Dean said" all right, okay. we're still--we're still working here." Garth said" uh, you guys have no idea how much I missed you." Dean said" um, excuse us, would you?" The guy standing next to Garth, garth said" yeah, we'll be right back." we walked a little away, Dean said" a Texas ranger, Garth? Seriously? We're in Missouri." Garth said" what? Come on. I look like a funeral director in one of those. wow. I heard some chatter that you two were back in the batters box, but I didn't believe it till now.." then one of his phones started ringing, he said" um..." I looked at Sam and Dean, waiting for their look. Garth is considered the new Bobby. oh this is gonna be hilarious, Sam said" wait are you the new Bobby?" Dean said" you shut your mouth." Garth said" yes." Dean said" you shut your mouth, what?!" Garth said" Bobby was gone. you two were MIA. Bella was hunting like a maniac. it was a weird time. somebody had to step in and take up the slack. all right, lets just get back to work, and we'll talk about this later, all right?" I walked back to the car, I'm gonna kill Garth, Sam and Dean don't know I was hunting like crazy, any kill I could get I went for it.
They went to the hospital to talk to the Vic's wife. Dean might be right about me going into my shell.
We were in some bar eating, the three of them drinking beer and eating food, while I stuck with water and eating off Sam's salad and deans plate. Garth said" so, Dean, give me the skinny. where were you this past year?" Dean said" why don't we save what I did on my summer vacation for another time?" Garth said" aw, come on." Dean looked at me and Sam, he said" alright. I was in purgatory." Garth said" like the purgatory purgatory?" Dean said" no, the one in Miami." Garth said" man, that's balls." oh my geez, Dean said" that's not how you say balls." Garth said" so how'd you get out?" Oh this ones gonna be good, Sam and I straightened up looking at Dean, dean said" what's up with all the, uh, hillbilly hankies? These people know the civil war's over, right?" Garth said" that's a touchy subject around these parts. see, Missouri was a border state. so, half the men were confederate, the other half were the union." Sam said" how do you know all this?" Garth said" I went to college." Sam said" you went to college?" Garth said" yeah. college, and on to dental school." dean said" what, you-- you were a dentist?" Garth said" yeah, just for, like a hot minute. where'd you think I got my first case?" Dean said" let me guess-- tooth fairy." Garth said" yeah. man, I felt terrible when I ganked that sob." Sam said" uh, you killed the tooth fairy?" Garth said" yeah, man. I mean, not my proudest moment, but it happened." then he continued eating. I swear he can eat like crazy.
They went to another scene, murder. while I was in the car, jerks. I got a text saying" the head on the security cam was blank, seen anything like it?" I texted back" no." I got out the car and started to walk around, Sam went to talk to someone with the old last name Alcott. Dean and Garth went to go find something about another name or something. I was exposed to be looking for more clues but both my brothers know me. Yeah, I'm not going to the motel room because I'll be left with Dean and Garth, yeah not happening.
I went back to the motel at dark, the boys were breaking into the unknown soldier memorial thing. So I had the motel room to myself, thank you. I kind of miss being on my own, I was used to it. I fell asleep.
It's morning, another scene happened. a deputy killed the sheriff. I'm still in the motel room, Dean and Sam and Garth went to the scene then they will probably go other places. I look in my bag and see my old journal. I take it out and start writing.
Hey Journal, it's been awhile since I wrote in you. I've been on my own for awhile but now I'm back with my brothers, i did my own cases and fought with monsters, getting hurt in the process. it was worth it though, but now I'm back with my two idiotic brothers and I'm old enough to actually work cases with them I'm 18 now, I have my own fake IDs. I had a ride but a ghost ruined that, so back with my brothers was my only choice left.
I closed my journal and saw the door open, Dean came in, ooze coming out of his ear. I instantly pulled my gun and knife out and pointed it at his chest. he had a cold stare in his eyes, I moved once he did, he sat on the bed while I moved against the wall next to the door. I think he's going after Sam, but I don't know for sure.
Sam and Garth finally came in, Sam said" Dean, what the heck, man. we went to the hospital. you're not answering your phone." Dean looked at Sam, then pointed his gun at him. Dean said" you should have looked for me when I was in purgatory." oh geez. I put my gun and knife down, I can't shot or throw as fast as Dean can, its not possible Sam would be dead by the time I shoot or throw. Sam will get through to him. Sam said" come on Dean, I know it's not you in there pulling the strings." Dean said" shut up! Don't!" Garth was trying to get his gun. Dean said" you never even wanted this life. always blamed me for pulling you back into it." Sam said" that's not true." Dean said" really? 'Cause everything you've ever done since you climbed into my ride has been to deceive me." Sam said" what do you want me to say? That I've made mistakes? I've made mistakes, Dean." Garth said" that's not Dean, Sam." Dean said" shut up! mistakes? Well, let's go through some of Sammy's greatest hits. drinking demon blood, check. being in cahoots with ruby. not telling me that you lost your soul. or how about running around with Samuel for a whole year, letting me think that you were dead while you're doing all kinds of crazy. those aren't mistakes, Sam. those are choices!" Sam said" all right. you said it. we've both played a little fast and loose." Dean said" yeah, I might have lied, but I never once betrayed you. I never once left you to die. and for what, a girl? You left me to die for a girl?!" Sam punched him then they both started fighting, be careful Sam, remember that's our brother in there and he can fight just like you. Dean threw Sam against a wall and Sam fell onto the ground, Garth got in front of him, blocking him from Dean. Sam said" Garth, don't!" Garth said" no, he won't kill me. his beef isn't with me. you're not gonna shoot me, are you, Dean?" Dean said" move." Garth said" come on, Dean. you do not want to kill your brother. you--you've been protecting him your whole life. don't stop now." Dean said" he left me to rot in purgatory!" Garth said" all right. all right. maybe he did. I don't know. I wasn't there. but I'm sure he had his reasons." Sam said" just like you had your reasons for Benny." Garth said" who?" Dean said" Benny has been more of a brother to me this past year than you've ever been! That's right. Cass let me down. you let me down. the only person that hasn't let me down is Benny." Garth said" I know you're angry.but, man, you got to fight this thing. do not do this! Just let it go. come on, Dean." dean said" goodbye, Sam." then Garth punched Dean, making the penny, drop out of his hand. Garth said" ow! God!" I went to Dean helping him balance himself back. he got back to his feet, I went to Sam and helped him up.
It's night, Dean is talking to Garth outside, before Garth leaves. Sam is in the bathroom, and I'm on the bed nearly asleep. I was picked up and then after a minute or two, I was placed in the impala seat.