I felt like a blubbering idiot, but with her holding me so securely, I couldn't help but cry. Tears trailed down my face as I hugged her body to me, refusing to let her go. As I sobbed like a child against her chest, her fingernails scraped softly against my scalp, my neck, and my back while she whispered sweet words to me.

After a few moments, I pulled myself together and sat up. Ansley grabbed a tissue from the box on the bedside table and wiped it gently across my face.

"Do you want to talk about him?" She asked.

I was silent for a moment as I thought of my dad. "He was harsh at times. He always demanded the best of me, but he was fair too. He helped me achieve the best version of myself. He didn't push me without being someone I could rely on.

He loved my mom, so much. She was his world. Everything he did, including moving to the US and getting involved with our business was for us. I knew that every Wednesday was date night for my parents. Every Wednesday he brought home a new bouquet of flowers and some other small gift for her. Whether it was chocolate or nail polish or a new pair of socks, then he'd take her out to her favorite places; shopping, the movie theatre, a picnic, a restaurant, the bowling alley. Every Wednesday."

My body relaxed as I spoke about him. I hadn't been able to talk about him to anyone in a long time. It was nice to reflect on what he was like and to introduce my wife to the man who raised me.

Ansley continued to run her nails across my skin, holding me to her body.

"He said he wanted my mother to know that he never grew bored of her and that he was always trying to win her over. He wanted me to know that as well."

Ansley bent her neck and I felt her lips on my forehead. "I think you know," she said.

"I do. But she threw that all away." I felt myself becoming angry. Memories of my father had brought a momentary second of peace but now the anger was returning.

"Only a few months after he died she was whoring herself out. Allowing men to have her in ways that only my father, the man who loved her so deeply, should have had her."

Her arms tightened around me and she shifted lower so her face was closer to mine. "I'm so sorry, Ermanno."

I ground my molars in anger. "She betrayed him. He would never have done what she's doing. He loved her too much to move on from her, physically or emotionally, but she did it so easily. My dad had plenty of money in his accounts when he was killed; enough to support all of us for quite some time before my mother needed to find a job. But she didn't care. Sex with random men was her way to cope, and she figured she could profit from it."

Her fingers wrapped around my jaw and cheek. "You're allowed to be upset Ermanno. She betrayed her bond with your dad. What if she was scared though? And thought that prostitution was the best way to provide for you and your sister?"

My jaw was rigid and I shook my head. "I don't give a damn. There was more than enough money my father had left us. She was just desperate and pathetic, and endangered the well-being of both my sister and me in the process of getting dick."

Ansley's POV

I felt his anger, upset, disappointment, and feelings of betrayal through his words. His mother had hurt him deeply by so easily replacing his father was other men.

I pressed a small kiss to his nose in an attempt to comfort him. He was holding me just as tightly as I was holding him, so I think I was offering him at least some feelings of comfort.

"I understand, my love. You're allowed to be angry with her. I'm angry for you as well."

His eyelids fluttered closed and he pressed his forehead against mine. "I didn't mean for all of this to be brought up when I asked about your dad."