13

His tongue lashed against mine, exploring me, tasting me. I held onto his forearms, finding it impossible to be so close without touching him.

My fingers gently traced along the edges of raised scars I felt. I'd noticed that his body was covered in various markings, some looking as though they'd been much more painful than others. But, I didn't think we were in a place where I could ask about their origins. I just liked to touch them subtly, hopefully letting him know subconsciously that I thought his body was beautiful.

He tilted my head back against the wall of the office as his hands came up to cup my cheeks. Biting on my lower lip, he sucked it into his mouth before sliding his tongue inside mine once more.

I discreetly squeezed my thighs together as the familiar feelings he evoked within me began to burn. The feeling both scared me and intrigued me. I wanted to run from it because I was ashamed of myself. I had been a virgin before Michael. No man had ever evoked such deep passion within me, yet it came so easily with Ermanno.

On the other hand, I wanted to pursue the feeling. To allow him full reign of my body. To erase all of Michael's marks. I wanted him to be the man I got to experience true passion and intimacy with.

Our moment of secretive kissing in the office of the bookstore was cut short, however, when I heard the bell above the door ring, indicating someone had walked through.

I pushed on his chest slightly and he reluctantly pulled back, not before kissing me once more.

"Hi! Anything I can help you with today?" I greeted the older woman as I rounded the corner.

After I had helped her find the novel she wanted and rang her up, Ermanno swiftly pulled me into the office where he picked up where we left off.

When he pulled his lips from mine and began kissing down my neck, I slid my arms across his sides, to his back, feeling his thick sheets of muscle as I went.

Over the last two weeks we had spent together since he'd revealed to me that he was aware of my identity, I was growing more and more familiar with his body. I knew that scars littered his back. I knew he had the most realistic tattoo of a snake winding from the base of his neck, across his ribs, and to his chest. I knew that he was ticklish if I touched him too softly on his sides.

I also knew that I was perching dangerously on the edge of a very steep slope. My feelings for him grew with each passing day. If he decided he no longer wanted to pursue this, I would be devastated.

That scared me. How had I gotten so attached so quickly?

Ermanno's lips had kissed a fiery path to my chest, where he gently nibbled on the skin there. One of my hands remained on his back while the other moved to his gorgeous brown hair.

"Ermanno," I murmured, his name leaving my lips as a sigh.

"Hmm?" The vibration of his lips tickled my skin.

"I don't know. I just wanted to say your name."

His tongue slipped past his lips and licked my skin.

I pressed my thighs together again.

"You can say my name whenever you want, dolcezza."

"What does that mean?" I'd never heard him speak his native tongue before. His voice was accented, but I'd never heard him speak the language.

"Sweetheart," he answered. My heart fluttered.

Though I tried my best to tamper it down. I still felt that perhaps he wasn't as invested in this union as I wanted him to be. We still hadn't classified our relationship after approximately three weeks of this. Some people only wanted situations where their relationships weren't labeled or defined, but I didn't want that.