It's Just The Beginning

The rush of emotions, the touch, the ecstasy rapidly flowing through my veins. The moment you know something is about to happen and you are both getting high off each other. Bodies collide, becoming one. The sound of heavy breathing cloaks the dark room. Heart beating out of my chest, feeling his strong body on top of me, seeing his abs tighten with each movement he makes, clawing his back, his kisses driving me out of my mind. I want to be enthralled in this moment, this moment is all I've thought about in weeks. All of him is the only thing I craved.

I know this is wrong, I know the risks but I simply do not care because tonight is about us. Whatever happens tomorrow is tomorrow's problem "This shouldn't have happened" I drag myself out of bed to put on my black bodycon dress "Yeah but we both needed it" A sly smirk forms on his face "We both need many things, a stable relationship is one of them, I was just a rebound" He gets out of bed and walks over to me completely naked "We both know this wasn't no rebound" He says in a serious tone "You'll feel differently tomorrow when you see her" I sigh "She means nothing to me anymore" He leans in closer to me "I want you and only you" His eyes staring deeply into mine and gently kisses my lips with his soft, warm lips "I wish I could believe you"

6 Months Earlier

January 1997

Standing in the courtroom, fighting for my 6-year-old brother against my drug-addicted mother. I've been fighting for weeks and still haven't come close to a verdict. I'm 20 years old, working a stable job as a waitress, and own a small 2-bedroom apartment in Chalmers. I can handle the responsibilities of a child, far better than my mom ever could "You both make a very appealing case about why one of you should house Logan Coleman" The judge says "The finale case will be held on January 22nd" The judge bangs the gavel "Case dismissed" The judge leaves the stand and enters this room.

I rush over to my mother who has a smirk on her disgusting face "I swear to God if you touch one more hair on Logan's head you'll have me to answer to" I raise my voice at her "Too bad you're losing this fight, I guess dragging me to court wasn't the smartest idea now was it, Nicole?" I hate her, I grit my teeth "Nicole" I hear Logan holler my name and I turn around. I see him run over to me and I kneel down to him with my arms wide open "Please don't leave me, Nicole" Logan's little voice cracks "I promise I won't" I rest my chin on his shoulder and shut my eyes, I kiss his tiny shoulder and feel his fingers play through my long blonde hair "Logan, get over here now, we're going home" I glare at my mom as I pull away from the hug.

He looks heartbroken, tears building up in his eyes "Hey don't cry" I wipe his tears "You'll see me real soon" I have to be strong for him even though it's killing me to see him like this "Go to mommy " My mom walks over to us and grabs his arm. Without saying a single word to me, she pulls my little brother out of the courtroom and I'm left in despair. I need to win this case for my little brother, I made a promise not to leave him again but I'll feel like a massive failure if I lose this case because my mom is sleeping with her lawyer.

I walk out of the courtroom and in an instant I kick the wall repeatedly, I hear footsteps racing over to me "Hey hey it'll be okay" I look at her as she stands beside me with this sympathetic look, I'm not in the mood to hear any supportive shit, I'm far too stressed out to be told everything will be okay "Kim, just leave me alone" I glare at her "Don't be a bitch, I'm just trying to help you" Kim snaps "The only help I need is to win this case but at this rate, I don't think I'll be winning this case because my mom is spreading her legs to her fucking lawyer" Kim places her hand on my shoulder "You've already proved she is a drug addict" She says softly "According to the judge it's not enough because she's pretending she's sober and her lawyer is 'proving' she's sober" I sigh "Then you'll have to prove your mom has a fling with her lawyer" Kim says "I can't think about how to do this right now, I can't think about my mom sleeping with him, I just can't" I rest the back of my head against the wall "You're gonna have to because your finale session is in three weeks and you'll end up losing this fucking case if you don't prove your mom is fucking her lawyer" I shake my head "Fuck this" I turn myself around and punch the wall "I'm going home" I leave without giving Kim any space to talk.