~•37•~

Not edited

Wk: 2.1k

Tom pov:

A month later

I know I messed up. Big time. Of course, I knew she would find out someday, but I hopped I would have had the chance to explain to her myself.
When we were in that hallway, and I saw the look on her face - when she realised I was an agent the whole time - my heart shattered. I knew at this instant it was over, that we were done. Of course, but I have been trying to talk to her for a month now.

When I came back home after the mission her stuff were gone. All of it. I don't even know how she managed to pack this fast.
The second I saw that I rushed to Luke's house, he was waiting for me, sitting on the steps. I'll never forget.

~•Flashback•~

I get out of my car and rush up to the house. When I am at the end of the stairs, I stop, and Luke looks down at me playing with a knife.
I breath heavily and my hands fist at my side.
"You" He starts and get up throwing the knife in the air and then catches it.
"You have some nerves showing up here." He said as he starts to get down the stairs.
"I need to talk to- "
"Yeah, I know what you want" He arrives down the stairs and come to face me, our chest brushing and he fists the knife in his right hand.
"But you are not seeing her, nor talking to her. The only reason I don't kill you right now is because she asked me not to." I let out a breath, she stills care about me-
"She said she wants to do it herself" He whispers.
I clench my jaw and I see his lips curve in a smirk.
"You get the hell out of here, or she'll find you. And don't worry if she changes her mind. Because I won't" He place a hand on my chest and push me hard backward.
"Get lost"
I throw him a last look before I turn away getting in my car and driving away.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I have been trying to text and call her but of course she blocked me. I even tried passing by Rue, Angel, Dottie. But no, nothing.

I spent my entire time in my office, all my time on the phone and searching for information on where the hell I could see her.
Because I need to talk to her, to tell her everything. And prove her that I love her.

More than anything in this world.

Y/n pov:

Somehow, killing my own mother is not as traumatizing as I thought it would be. I don't feel anything, actually. Except that I finally made justice to Christian. He deserved the world.

What makes me feel sick is that I miss Tom. I shouldn't. He betrayed me. If I see him, I'll for sure throw a punch in his perfect, amazing, jaw.
God, I love him so much. I love him so much it hurts to see this being destroy with a simple lie. Well not so simple, just that he never was the one I though. Probably – no, surely not a real teacher.
Did he ever love me?

Did I matter?

I know he is following my every movement, it's not like I didn't see the black car everywhere I go. But I am not planning on seeing him.

But you miss him.

Shut up.

Will you ever love again?

Shut. up.

What if he has a rational explanation?

There is. He is and agent that infiltrated my life for my family. Simple.

He probably never loved you.

I don't believe that. You can't fake love that good.

The intense ringing of my phone brought me out of my subconscious. And I grab seeing the unknown number. I hesitate for a second and then pick up the phone.