༻Chapter 5༺

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Y/n

"I..."
"Y/n you can tell me. I won't judge you. You are my friend and I really care about you.
" he took a deep breath and squeezed my hand.
"I just want to help."
I felt the tears slowly welled up in my eyes and looked down.

"It helps" I almost whispered.
"Talk to me." He said, grabbing my pulling my chair closer to his.
"D-do you remember when I said something about a trauma?"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Tom

"So, you are not into dirty jokes or things, at 20?" I asked leaning forward
"I can't be" she answered with a sight
"Why?"
"Because first my dad would kill the guy, like literally, and second, hum... trauma.."
I frowned my eyebrows.

A trauma? What did she go through?

"Maybe one day I'll tell you, but now I must go in math. So, if you'll excuse me"
She got up and started walking to the door.

"This discussion is not over" I said as she started to get out.
"I'll see you tomorrow Mr. Holland" I chuckled

⋅⊰∘☽༓☾∘⊱⋅

Y/n

"Yeah, yeah I remember"
"Well it all started 3 years ago. My dad started to pressure me because he wanted and still wants actually to get me in the family business."
"Family business?" He asked, frowning his brows.

Shit, I can't tell him that.

"Story for another day, maybe..."
"Okay yeah sorry, go on."
"Ok so my dad was stressing me out, and I was having my last exams and seeing if I could go to college. I had Rue to support me, but I fell into a- Uhm... I fell into a depression because of all this.
I hurted myself, I started to drink more, and I still managed to pass." I lower my voice a little, hoping the those word will not be remembered.

"So at 18..." I had to stop. I closed my eyes, letting a tear roll down my cheek.
I felt Tom's thumb rubbing it away and I opened my eyes again.
"Take your time"
I sighted
"A-at 18, Rue took me to this party, and we drank a lot. I remember losing her in the crowd. But then saw her making out with her friend Jules, so I went into the living room and I saw people doing drugs.
When they asked me, I was already drunk and under so much stress that I thought this could relax me." I keep looking down at our join hands, not baring to see the look on his face.

"So I sniffed a line with them. And it did take all the pressure off my shoulders for a moment."
I chuckle and bring my hand up to my face, wiping a falling tear.

"The next thing I know, this guy took me in this room, away from everything. I-I- was high and drunk, I- I promise I tried to get away and push him off, but i couldn't, and then he ra- he... " I told him crying, he passed his arms around me and pulled me on his lap. My legs on each side of him. I passed my arms around his neck and buried my face in the crock of it, and he wrapped his arms around my back, hugging me tightly.

"I am so sorry you went through this" I started to calm down, his arms keeping me really close to him as he slowly stroked us back and forth.
"Is that why you don't like physical contact?"
"Yeah, every time someone touches me, hugs me, I just have flashbacks."
"Oh" he said, losing his grip, but I tightened mine.
"Except with you"
"Really?"
I relaxed my grips and slowly pulled away to see his face.
"Yeah" I whispered.
"Yeah?"
"Yeah, I feel safe in your arms."
I realized how close our faces were, and I realised how much I wanted to kiss him.
"I want you to feel safe." he whispered back.
our gaze kept jumping between our eyes and our mouths.
We just wanted to kiss each other so badly. My fingers were playing with his hair in the back of his neck and he cupped my face with one hand.