The Ride Out- Pre

Eventually, you ended up texting Eugene, telling him he could come on the trip with y'all. You gave him the date to be ready, what he needed, and what time you'd be there. You didn't say much else. He'd ask you questions about the predicament and you told him to ask Jacoby or Yaina when he met her. You tried to keep it short and sweet because you couldn't say much without crying or feeling insecurity.

As for Connie, he ended up leaving a day early. They called him for pre-competition group interview featuring some of the hottest racers and even racing vets. You tried your best to hide your disappointment in him leaving, knowing it's his career and duties call. He told you he wished he could spend more time with you and that he would try before y'alls first race, maybe taking you out on a date the day y'all arrive. You kissed him a sorry goodbye as he left for Daytona's track.

As for you, you thought you were gonna be in his big ass house all alone and did that make you comfortable? Not exactly. But you tried by watching TV with your blanket in the livingroom, laying around in Connie's bed, blasting music loud as shit to fill the empty space.

Mind you, he had only been gone for a couple of hours. So as you were just walking around and listening to your music on his speakers, you heard a loud knock on the door.

It kinda startled you so you sure as hell went to that door fuming, wondering who the fuck was knocking like that. You looked in the peephole and peeped that iconic red durag. You opened the door. Jacoby had his luggage with him as he was on his phone about to text Connie to come open the door.

"He's not here... he left this morning." You said in a murmur. Jacoby looked at you. "Oh, well he told me we were meeting here before we went to the airport." He said.

Yall stood in silence for a hot minute before you cleared your throat. Connie probably called him here so you wouldn't be alone. "Do you want to come in?" You said in a sheepish voice. Jacoby scratched his head. "Do you want me to come in-" "Yes... we would love to come in." Yoshii said popping out of no where and he shoved Jacoby inside. Jacoby tried resisting but Yoshii simply wasn't having it and pushed him inside.

Your eyes widened as Jacoby toppled over, Yoshii following him and falling on top of him. He gave a big smile. "Why make it harder than it has to be? You know you wanted to come inside." He said pinching Jacobys cheeks before Jacoby slapped him away and got up.

He stood in front of you and straightened himself out before asking. "You good with it?" He said. At least when yall were uncomfortable with eachother, you don't pretend like nothing happened. You appreciated that a lot.
You nodded as you went to go sit down on the couch and turn down your music. You saw Yaina come in, and her eyes were red as well as her nose. She either was sick or she had just finished crying. You looked at Jacoby signaling to him that she had walked in. You didn't exactly want her to be here with you but you should've expected it since she can't even drive anymore.

Yoshii sat next to you, leaving space for Jacoby to sit but not enough for Yaina. "Soo... did you guys get your uniforms yet?" Yoshii said trying to clear up tense air before it got too bad. You nodded as you sat down on the couch. "I got a racing suit too. Lowkey cold as shit." You said covering back up in the blanket.

"Ooohh. Go put it on, I wanna see!" Yoshii said. You violently shook your head. "You'll see it if there's ever a possibility for me to race. Until then, I'm too scared to look at it for too long." You explained.

Yaina sat on the seats armrest next to Jacoby. At first sight it would look like she sat there out of convenience but you could see by the way her body is positioned she was trying to get Jacoby's attention. And you ended not paying much attention to her until she got up and started rubbing up on Yoshii.