RUNAWAY pt.2

Your day started off calm, silent, and your world was at peace. You felt things were finally starting to make sense and maybe, just maybe, that peace was the way your life was meant to be spent. And you had to do some growing to make that happen.

Jaylen coming through this morning taught you that peace will always cease. But you hadn't realized that the reasons peace never ceases is because until the situation with Jacoby. It's because the people around you need to grow too.

You went out to the track. You made sure there were no tears on the loose, no veins popping out, and no worrisome expressions that might lead on to think that you were on the verge of losing two of the most important things in your life.

You spotted Connie cussing Jean the fuck out, while Jean pouted with his head down. As Connie spotted you though, he made sure to change his expression and pass you a warming smile before making his way towards you.

As he got closer he instantly saw the distress you were in written all over your face. He didn't ask what happened and instead grabbed your hand, flipped off Jean, and lead you to the track.

On the track, you saw that Eren and Yoshii were already suited up and ready to go. You saw your suit folded neatly on a table, waiting for you to fit it. You looked at Connie.

"I-I thought you were going to see if I can do 200 first?" You said. He looked at you for a moment. He knew that you were bothered by something and although you are obviously hiding it, he thought it'd be best to race with your emotions to see if it gives you a little more to go on.

"I'll know if you race too. So let's ride." He said smiling cheerfully. You rolled your eyes instead of trying to stare at him with the extra annoyed look you were going to originally give.

While Connie just slipped the suit over his shorts, you had overalls on and had to go back inside to change instead. You were obviously looking to avoid certain somebody's as you went in, trying to get from point A and back.

When you saw no one was there, you rushed to the bathroom, got in and locked the door. As you changed and Connie got everyone gathered up, since not only was this a race, it was a test run, since you guys were gonna be out by next week and actually competing.

You looked at yourself in the mirror for a second. One to see how you looked like in the suit and two to try and see who you really are, or want to be, at least.

Would Eugene still want you to be an active part of his life if he knew what you kept from him? Would he understand why once he knew? Would he still consider you his Moses? His hero? His guardian Angel?

Although what you did wasn't for those titles, it was nice to be appreciated and loved despite all your flaws.

But all you knew is that you wouldn't stop doing what did for Eugene. Like giving whole pints of blood to him whenever he needed it it, or coming to the hospital at anytime of the day, cus you never know when the last time you'd see him would be. Or holding him in your arms and singing to him until he fell asleep, and even held him after, cus he wondered why nobody wanted him.

You loved him in whole, and no matter how much he hated you, you were still his to have. That's what you vowed to him that day and everyday to after. And you would continue to do so cus you might be the only one who would.

You wiped your eyes as you finished getting dressed and walked out the bathroom. Everybody else should've been outside already but when you came out, you saw Yaina in the lobby, sitting and contemplating about what she could've done better. (Like that's a hard thing to think of in the first place 🙄)

Her body rocked as the anxiety built up in her. She didn't understand what switch flipped that made her blurt all of that out. You walked past her without saying a word and she let you. Nothing could be said as of now. For right now, all y'all could do is keep it pushing.