Bouquets

(TW: Self-harm) (DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT 😗😗)

You woke up early the next morning and looked up at the ceiling. You found yourself attached to Connie's chest as he held you near him. He was sleeping soundly. You checked the time. 5:00 am. You slept a lot easier last night. Maybe cus it was the first time in a while somebody actually shared your bed with you. You stretched and got out of bed. You checked to see if any stores were open at the time so you could go get Connie some underwear while you were up. You also wanted to make breakfast for the both of you before you headed to work.

Today you felt good. Waking when the world is still asleep is a euphoric feeling. That time that the night owls doze off to sleep and the morning birds are finishing up their adventures in the dream land, waking when all is still, it makes you feel at peace.

You cleaned yourself up, wrote a note for Connie, telling him you'd be back, and went to the nearest open store. You were in and out. You got his underwear, some eggs, and left. On your drive home you saw a new message from Yolanda.

Yolanda🥰:
Sis...
Did Jah text you or call you?

N/N🫥:
Nooo...
Why, what happened?

Yolanda🥰:
Oh.
Nothing.

Okkk... that was cryptic for no reason.

But little did you know that Jacoby was out in the world too. He had been driving all night, since he didn't want to hear your mouth after him and Yaina got into their first argument in 6 years. He zipped around town, circling a couple times around the racetrack, then around your neighborhood, then his own as the sun began to rise. He went to go visit an old link, Keisha and they ended up fucking. She asked if he wanted to spend the night and he said sure. He woke up around the same forsaking hour you did.

Yaina had called Yolanda when she realized Jacoby hadn't come back all night and wasn't answering his phone. Yolanda reassured Yaina, saying he'd probably back by the morning, since he had to take her to work. And Jacoby wasn't someone to just miss work. She tried calling him herself but it went to voicemail.

They had just gotten off the phone when Jacoby pulled into the driveway. Yaina ran outside and Jacoby closed his car door while carrying a bouquet in his arms. He looked to Yaina who's eyes were puffy and her nose was pink. "Where have you been?! I've been calling you nonstop!" She yelled. He ignored her and walked into the house without saying a word.

Yaina followed and grabbed him by his sleeve. "JACOBY ANSWER ME." Jacoby snatched his arm away. "I'm a grown ass man. I don't gotta tell you shit." He said as he walked to his room after putting his bouquet on the kitchen counter. He started looking in his closet for something to wear to work. Yaina followed him.

"Were you at Y/N's? Or in Tyler's apartment." She asked. Jacoby gave her an answer since she was being soo persistent. "I was at Keisha's." He said grabbing his clothes off the hangers and putting them on his bed. "Keisha? Who's Keisha?" She said. Jacoby took off his shirt.

Scratches on his back, hickeys on his neck and chest, bite marks on his shoulder. "This is Keisha." He said as he looked at his jewelry options. Yaina's mouth trembled a bit as she walked out of the room. She didn't know what it was like to be on Jacoby's cold side so this treatment was new to her.

Meanwhile, you had gotten back home and began cooking while Connie was still asleep. It was around 5:45 and work didn't start until 7:30 on Friday's so y'all had time to eat with each other before you started getting ready. You had texted Jacoby to see if everything was alright and he had yet to text you back.