Alpha - Aftertaste - Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"CLOSE THE DOOR!" I screamed when he strode out without shutting the door. Thud. Thud. Jungkook retraced his steps backward on my demand and reached for the handle to slam my door shut. Stupid! Stupid! When will he grow up?! I glared at the door in frustration before slumping down on the couch to rub my burning face.

Fuck- Did he have to ruin my mood just after I struggled to contain myself?! Hot tears spilled from my eyes once again as I fought to resist the discomfort. What's going on? I thought I was okay with everything, but why am I hurting again? Is it the guilt of losing him? Or is it my past traumas? Even if we were together when we were young- I never treated him right. I bullied him and would often conceal my feelings because I didn't know how to express my silly affection. It was always Jungkook who showed me his undying fondness. But I'd brush his efforts with little to no attention. I've always liked him... but I wish I could've shown him how I truly felt instead of cradling the feelings to myself. Maybe that's why he detached himself from me...?

Why are you blaming yourself? He could've given you an appropriate closure even if he was done with you. Sora. You're hurt because the only person you thought was your solace... left you for someone else. You thought you'd still have Jungkook, but you've already lost him.

I sat up on the couch to dry my tear streaks after breaking down and got up to review the materials I learned from school because I didn't feel like confronting my problems and drowned myself in the boring textbooks until a maid visited my room to inform me about dinner.

I gloomily dropped my pen and walked out of my bedroom in mismatched pajamas, puffy red eyes, and striking messy hair. I'll eat quickly and go to bed- I halted by the entrance to the dining room when I found the tables filled with food and beverages. The loud chatter suddenly died down at my presence, so I slowly glanced around the room to find... my parents- appa returned? The Jeons and Kims were all present inside the room. Jungkook and Taehyung were occupied with their phones, but the elders were very attentive. Mrs. Jeon eyed my shabby condition with a disapproving look.

"Sora! Aigo~! Didn't you brush your hair? You must be too comfortable around us!" Appa gasped, getting up from his seat to embrace me. Caught off guard, I unconsciously gripped his cardigan as he patted my head, slowly averting my eyes to find eomma smiling at me from her seat.

"We're so guilty for not welcoming your return yesterday, so we're hosting the celebration now!" Mrs. Kim smiled from her seat. I gulped after my father pulled away to pat my shoulder, so I stiffly bowed at the elders. They're very lively. I sat down in my mismatched clothes to eat my food in silence.

 I sat down in my mismatched clothes to eat my food in silence

"I wonder if you have a boyfriend in the States?" Mr. Jeon asked from across the table when he noticed I wasn't speaking to anyone. I lifted my eyes from the fork and averted it to him.

"Boyfriend?" I asked, sideway darting Jungkook a bitter look. He cleared his throat when our eyes met, guiltily glancing down at his plate as he chewed the food in his mouth.