In Heat: Part Two

Tina gathers her men and women for the profile since you know exactly who you're dealing with here. Hotch gets Penelope over video chat so she can give her opinion on this case as well.

"Alright, The FBI has a profile of our guy."

"What we're about to present is just a preliminary profile. There may be a time restraint here, so we just wanted to give you what we have now. Our technical analyst, Penelope Garcia, will start off by talking about the four remaining victims still missing," JJ says.

"Two of them disappeared on the same day a few months ago, and then the third and the fourth went missing within the last four weeks."

"We think the unsub is targeting these guys on their travels," JJ simplifies it.

"Yeah, and then when the befriending happens, they vanish. However, it looks like there's a connection between our current victims and the men that are still missing. Two of those four missing men were openly gay when they disappeared. I saw one of them on a social networking site for gay men."

"Assuming the four missing men are meeting the same unsub, it means he's killing almost weekly, which also means he may have already chosen his next victim," Hotch says.

"What we need is more information on the movements of our victims before they meet the unsub. We have three confirmed victims and four possible ones. It's also not just the fact that our victims were traveling alone that left them vulnerable to the unsub. We believe they may have been looking specifically to meet other men."

"Based on the ages of the victims, we're looking for an offender in his mid to late twenties. He's familiar with the area, and he may be offering assistance to those who are not," Hotch says.

"Our unsub studies his victims' habits. This unsub is charming, charismatic, and intelligent. We assume he frequents gay establishments, but he may also work at one. Given the technique with which he kills, he may have had prior defense tactic training. He may be a member of the military or was recently discharged from it," you explain.

"The fact that he's targeting gay men may mean that this is a hate crime and/or the unsub may be struggling with his own sexuality."

By the time you get done with the profile, it's already late. You'll have to pick this up in the morning in hopes that there isn't another victim, though you have a feeling there will be. Knowing that something bad is going to happen and not being able to do anything about it is why you can't sleep, and Spencer's excuse is that his insomnia is bad.

You two are inside your hotel room playing cards to pass the time until one or both of you get sleepy. He's clearly winning, but you're here to have a good time.

"How are you doing with the AA meetings?" you ask suddenly.

"You know about that?" he says after a pause.

He can't seem to look you in the eyes. He places down two cards and grabs another two cards while he waits for your turn. When you don't answer, he's forced to look at you.

"I knew you were going somewhere three times a week. I didn't know it was AA until now. Plus, I know what an AA chip looks like," you whisper. "I think it's great you have somewhere to feel safe and to talk about that kind of thing."

"Are you upset I don't talk to you about it?"

"No. I mean, kind of, but I know you need your space."

"I don't talk to you about this stuff because I need an unbiased look at it. You're strictly team Spencer, and I love you for that, but sometimes, I need someone to listen and tell me what I did was wrong, and I shouldn't do it again."